Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just "installed" if you can call it that, my SRT functional hood scoops. Question is, do I really need to be concerned with water, from say, car washes? My thinking is that, even if water did get in there, it would appear as tho it would only go on the sides of the motor. Anyone have any insight?

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
SRTs and RT classics both have functional hood scoops. I have never heard of anything negative from people washing their cars etc. Never noticed any water buildup after washing. I don't use the plastic engine cover and only have coil covers.

·
Premium Member
4,819 Posts
Your engine compartment is considered a wet area, with the compenents expected to be able to withstand water......to a point. Drive it into a lake, you are screwed. Drive in a rain storm, you will be okay.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, thanks for the replies. I sorta figured it wouldn't be an issue considering it is stock on the SRT. But atleast I can rest easy now.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Plugs vs scoops there isn't much difference. There isn't a seal around the outside of the scoops or plugs. Week before I swapped the plugs out there was a flood in parking lot at work, ton of mud - street cleaner comes through each day kicking up a dust storm. Week later I pull the hood plugs and full of dust in the hood. I think either way, just as much water gets in there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts