Dodge Challenger Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts
I listened to Juve's setup, then got a kit from his installer (I'm 2000 miles away); he supplied all the adpaters and accoutrements. Although I've never done audio before, it went in well and gives all the great imaging and clarity that Juve wrote about in the first post in this thread.

I listened to Juve's setup, then got a kit from his installer (I'm 2000 miles away); he supplied all the adpaters and accoutrements. Although I've never done audio before, it went in well and gives all the great imaging and clarity that Juve wrote about in the first post in this thread.

So was it kinda plug and play type set-up? and did you also already have the sound group II package or what? Thanks

Thanks for the installer info

Can you please give a rough (or exact as you wish) cost for what you bought? Any/all details greatly appreciated.

I just ordered a 2011 Rallye with the 730N and the Sound Group II (376 watt amp, 7 Boston Acoustics speakers).

Anybody know if this is the same system as the 2010 SRT and/or would the factory speaker placement be the same?

IE can I use the techniques described in this thread and apply them to my car?

Discussion starter · #25 ·
I just ordered a 2011 Rallye with the 730N and the Sound Group II (376 watt amp, 7 Boston Acoustics speakers).

Anybody know if this is the same system as the 2010 SRT and/or would the factory speaker placement be the same?

IE can I use the techniques described in this thread and apply them to my car?
Speaker placement should be the same, the only difference may be the Sub enclosure and placement. The Kicker Sub has a specific enclosure and I'm not sure if the new BA system has the identical enclosure. Probably not but I have to believe that the doors, fronts and rear tray are what they are. They're not going to change tooling for just speakers. 6x9 in the doors, 5 1/4 in the rear tray and your 4" drivers up front. Don't know if you have a center but you can easily find out.

So was it kinda plug and play type set-up? and did you also already have the sound group II package or what? Thanks

Thanks for the installer info
Sting-
Yes, the speakers were plug-and-play. Where adapters were needed because of a difference in mounting points, they were included.
To create the sound stage, he supplied two extra 2" speakers that need to mount in the kick panels beside the front footwells. You need to cut 1 5/8" mounting holes in the panels (I bought new kickpanels in case I need to return to stock for selling the car.) Those 2 speakers wire to existing points.
I already had SRT Option Group II so the sub, amp, and enclosure were in place in the trunk.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
so you were able to buy this setup in a complete kit? what is the name of the installer/audio shop to get this kit? sounds like a decent upgrade.
PM sent to you..

PPI / Focal / Kicker System

Subwoofers:
Custom, Handmade fiberglass 1/4 panel subwoofer enclosures w/ 2 "Kicker" L7 10" solobarric subwoofers

Front:
1 pair "Focal" 165-KRX3 6.5" 3 way components 6.5" woofer & 1" tweeters in the doors w/ 3" midranges in the dash

Rear:
1 pair "Focal" 165-KRX2 6.5" 2 way components 6.5" woofer & 1" tweeters in the rear deck

Power Source front/rear:
"Precision Power" "Power Class 4100" 100 WRMS X 4 @ 4 ohms per channel

Power Source subwoofers:
"Precision Power" "Power Class 1400" 800 WRMS X 1 @ 2 OHMS per channel

Head Unit / Signal Source:
Factory installed 730 n Media Center/My Gig U-connect
"Audio Control" 6 ch.line out convertor unit set @ 6v RCA out
"Lockpick" CHR-550 w/ front & rear cams activated

External Storage:
"OCZ" Enyo 128 gig Usb 3.0 External Solid State Disk

Aprox. value: $8500.00

I like the end results & it's a huge improvement over stock.:bigthumb:

im guessing that cost included installation costs as well.
The only labor that was included was $1000 to Cartunes for building the fiberglass enclosures, the rest is my time. Well worth it to keep my trunk space. I'll be driving it down to Cape Coral in a couple of months for 2 weeks & I'll need it for sure.

so $7500 for 2 componet sets, 2 amps and 2 subs?
+ cabeling, wiring, fuses & fuse blocks, 12 volt distribution block, Audio signal convertor, speaker conversion plates, brackets, external storage drive, lockpick & extra Gel cell 12 volt Battery. That's about it. Oh I did add $790.00 for the factory 730n meadia center.

Stupid question.. Why the 730n? Did you have a 430n?

The reason I ask is the only difference to my knowledge is one is Garmin the other is Magellan and I personally don't care for Magellan's GPS units. Was there another reason?

Stupid question.. Why the 730n? Did you have a 430n?

The reason I ask is the only difference to my knowledge is one is Garmin the other is Magellan and I personally don't care for Magellan's GPS units. Was there another reason?
That was the media center option I added when I ordered the car. The 430 was standard. And yes you got it, I own a couple Garmin & I got used to the interface & format.

so $7500 for 2 componet sets, 2 amps and 2 subs?
You ever price Focal stuff?

Crutchfield finally started carrying their cheaper products but it's still stupid expensive for their high end stuff.....Focal

21 - 40 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.