Dodge Challenger Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts
I still haven't done a single thing to my system on my car. Every time I get the money together to do the door and dash speakers, the sound deadening and the labor, my house decides to stab me in the back, or something else comes up. So far, since the beginning of 2012:

1. Mysterious electrical issues where the breaker kept tripping that runs my garage power. The electrician couldn't figure it out as the house is very oddly wired. As a "temporary" measure, he simply cut the wires from the garage to the breaker box, and ran a line to the garage door opener outlet box.
2. The garage door opener itself failed. It's 40 years old, so it was time. The last remote had become flaky too.
3. One of the springs on the garage door broke. After this was fixed, the garage has bee fine.
4. My mom died, kind of suddenly, but at 87, it wasn't a real shock, so $2000 for her cremation.
5. My water heater decided to get stuck with the burner wide open, spraying water from the overflow valve out for who knows how long, then the bottom of the water heater let go, what a mess. I have problems with stairs so I haven't checked it and paid the price. Between the water heater replacement and the huge water bill, it was about $1500 bucks, plus the carpet in the basement and some other damage.
6. One of my dogs, the one in my avatar, had some issues, but at 13.5, that's not a shock either. Besides that, he's on some pretty expensive meds for his Cushing's Disease anyway.
7. A few days ago, the bathtub drain decided to plug itself up, and I had to call the drain guys in and there went $75.
8. I need to get my A/C serviced and I'm pretty sure I will be needing a new washing machine real soon too. It's working ok, but is making some sounds that I'm guessing are not really a positive sign.

I'm beginning to think there's a plot to keep me away from the stereo place.

Discussion starter · #42 ·
I still haven't done a single thing to my system on my car. Every time I get the money together to do the door and dash speakers, the sound deadening and the labor, my house decides to stab me in the back, or something else comes up. So far, since the beginning of 2012:

1. Mysterious electrical issues where the breaker kept tripping that runs my garage power. The electrician couldn't figure it out as the house is very oddly wired. As a "temporary" measure, he simply cut the wires from the garage to the breaker box, and ran a line to the garage door opener outlet box.
2. The garage door opener itself failed. It's 40 years old, so it was time. The last remote had become flaky too.
3. One of the springs on the garage door broke. After this was fixed, the garage has bee fine.
4. My mom died, kind of suddenly, but at 87, it wasn't a real shock, so $2000 for her cremation.
5. My water heater decided to get stuck with the burner wide open, spraying water from the overflow valve out for who knows how long, then the bottom of the water heater let go, what a mess. I have problems with stairs so I haven't checked it and paid the price. Between the water heater replacement and the huge water bill, it was about $1500 bucks, plus the carpet in the basement and some other damage.
6. One of my dogs, the one in my avatar, had some issues, but at 13.5, that's not a shock either. Besides that, he's on some pretty expensive meds for his Cushing's Disease anyway.
7. A few days ago, the bathtub drain decided to plug itself up, and I had to call the drain guys in and there went $75.
8. I need to get my A/C serviced and I'm pretty sure I will be needing a new washing machine real soon too. It's working ok, but is making some sounds that I'm guessing are not really a positive sign.

I'm beginning to think there's a plot to keep me away from the stereo place.
Sorry to hear about all the conspiracies against you and especially about your mom, losing a family member is not good. My condolences to you.

On a good note, the installer is actually doing more work in offering a turn-key solution sort to speak on these systems with plug and play connectors, templates etc. So it's actually working in your favor.

Keep plugging away..

I have a question for those that have replaced the stock speakers and re-used the factory wiring. Are the terminals on the factory speakers marked for polarity (+/-)?

No, the sticky thread at the top will tell what wires are what.

No, the sticky thread at the top will tell what wires are what.
Thanks 727!!
Any wiring diagram for the dash speakers? I appologize in advance if this posted else where, but I could not find it.

Front Left Dash: gray/yellow is positive, gray/orange is negative
Front Center Dash: gray/orange is positive, gray/brown is negative
Front Right Dash: gray/mint is positive, gray/dark green is negative
Thank you Otto!! Much appreciated!!

41 - 52 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.