Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished installing SRT headers on my R/T and my car warms up faster than before. Should I be worried? It's only been a week, and I still need to take it to muffler shop to check for any leaks. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
If you have an exhaust leak, you will hear it.

Are these headers worth it? Just asking as you have to replace the mid pipes too, do you have to extend the wires for the 02 sensors? Just looking for info. I do not know what route, if any I am going with my exhaust in the near future. This or Cat4ward JBA headers, or Long tubes or just leave it alone.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you have an exhaust leak, you will hear it.

Are these headers worth it? Just asking as you have to replace the mid pipes too, do you have to extend the wires for the 02 sensors? Just looking for info. I do not know what route, if any I am going with my exhaust in the near future. This or Cat4ward JBA headers, or Long tubes or just leave it alone.
I think it was worth it I only paid $200 shipped for new crate 15 SRT headers off eBay an $100 shipped for used cats here from another member. Car picks up speed a lot quicker in 2015 A8..didn't need any extensions for O2 sensor just needed a pipe reducer 2.75 to 2.50 an cut off like 2 inches from SRT cats. Put heat shield tape on alternator an Starter wires an also bend oil dip stick tube abit.

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
I think it was worth it I only paid $200 shipped for new crate 15 SRT headers off eBay an $100 shipped for used cats here from another member. Car picks up speed a lot quicker in 2015 A8..didn't need any extensions for O2 sensor just needed a pipe reducer 2.75 to 2.50 an cut off like 2 inches from SRT cats. Put heat shield tape on alternator an Starter wires an also bend oil dip stick tube abit.
Thank you, did you tune the car when done?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you, did you tune the car when done?
No I haven't tuned it yet but will do soon

·
Registered
883 Posts
This is going to be on of my next mods in the on coming weeks. Thanks for writing up your experience.

·
Premium Member
2014 rt shaker
750 Posts
If you install the 6.1 or 6.4 factory shorty headers onto a 5.7 you will also need to install the mid pipes as well.

·
Registered
30 Posts
And know I'm confused lol you can or you can't? I'm trying to do this upgrade on my 13 rt.I have find 6.1 and 6.4 headers all day long for fairly cheap it's the cats I'm having trouble finding but if I can run the 6.1/6.4 headers with my stock cats until I find the mids then that would be dope

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
And know I'm confused lol you can or you can't? I'm trying to do this upgrade on my 13 rt.I have find 6.1 and 6.4 headers all day long for fairly cheap it's the cats I'm having trouble finding but if I can run the 6.1/6.4 headers with my stock cats until I find the mids then that would be dope
Well, I was going to install aftermarket shorty headers on my 2013 5.7 R/T and I didn't need to buy mids for that. I was also told that I should use 6.1/6.4 factory gaskets vs the aftermarket gaskets that came with the aftermarket shorties. Was also told to use OEM shorty header bolts vs the aftermarket bolts. It's possible that the SRT shorties have a larger diameter opening but I thought they bolted right up.

** Edit**
See this older thread, you will need 2.75 mids from an SRT. Now, if you have a '17+ you may be fine since the new active exhaust is 2.75".
http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f449/6-1l-exhaust-manifolds-5-7l-hemi-97645/

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have some stock headers and mid pipes from a 2017 Scat Pack 6.4l

Any one interested?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Stock mids with cats

1 - 19 of 19 Posts