Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be ordering my Scat Pack Wide Body next week and I can’t decide which spoiler to get. Is one better than the other (performance or aesthetics)? All feedback welcomed.

Thanks
Bill

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I just found another thread that has a lengthy discussion about the two

Cheers

·
Registered
808 Posts
I have the standard Hellcat type rear spoiler (doesn't have the notch).

·
Super Moderator
15,475 Posts
The spoiler that came on the early SRTs is very effective. It had to be because of the SRT's 173 mph top speed.

Extensive wind tunnel effects were done with it to determine the best design for the most downward rear force. It is very similar to the one on the 1970 Challenger T/A. Read what the exterior designer of the 2008 Challenger, Jeff Gale, had to say about this. (1:58 minute).

2008 Challenger Designer Interview -- Segment 3 - YouTube

·
Registered
16,229 Posts
Is one better than the other (performance or aesthetics)?

Thanks
Bill
FCA has said that despite its name, there is no performance advantage to their latest $1,000 money grab. I'm sure at maybe 180 mph you could measure the slightest of difference in aero drag but for all practical purposes, it is purely cosmetic.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Scat Pack, 2019 Challenger SXT AWD
217 Posts
I prefer the standard spoiler myself. I like the badges on ‘em, the “4” on my SXT and the “SCAT PACK” bee on the SP.

·
Premium Member
4,157 Posts
I will be ordering my Scat Pack Wide Body next week and I can’t decide which spoiler to get. Is one better than the other (performance or aesthetics)? All feedback welcomed.

Thanks
Bill
I wanted the Bumblebee stripe on my SP. If you get that you can't get the optioned spoiler. To me, there's not 1k difference in the spoilers and for half the price, I think the stripe looks better. However, being an inveterate "box checker", if they had let me, I would have gotten both.

Reactions: Nightwing

·
Registered
27 Posts
The factory or aftermarket rear stripe will work with the SRT spoiler. I added it on my scatpack. Looked great.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger 392 Shaker B5 Blue
544 Posts
I wanted the Bumblebee stripe on my SP. If you get that you can't get the optioned spoiler. To me, there's not 1k difference in the spoilers and for half the price, I think the stripe looks better. However, being an inveterate "box checker", if they had let me, I would have gotten both.
You can always install the SRT Spoiler afterwards

Reactions: SKT PK 9 Man

·
Premium Member
4,157 Posts
The factory or aftermarket rear stripe will work with the SRT spoiler. I added it on my scatpack. Looked great.
Wonder why they wouldn't let me order both then? Shame, would have in a minute! Upgrade!

Reactions: Nightwing

·
Registered
544 Posts
Wonder why they wouldn't let me order both then? Shame, would have in a minute! Upgrade!
The build page is weird. They don’t let you have the Harmon Kardon stereo & the Mopar Appearance Package in the same build and they have nothing to do with eachother.

·
Premium Member
4,157 Posts
The build page is weird. They don’t let you have the Harmon Kardon stereo & the Mopar Appearance Package in the same build and they have nothing to do with eachother.
Yeah, I ran into this a couple of times during my build. It's 2021 for God'sake. Where the hell are the IT guy's? Sittin' in Bill Gates' lap? Or is this being driven by the genius's in marketing? Hell, who knows?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Yeah, I ran into this a couple of times during my build. It's 2021 for God'sake. Where the hell are the IT guy's? Sittin' in Bill Gates' lap? Or is this being driven by the genius's in marketing? Hell, who knows?
Yea and it’s an issue that only started happening with the 2019 and up model builds. 2018 I was able to install all options on my car with no hiccups.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger T/A 392 M6
35 Posts
My friend installed the new one on his 2019 Scar Pack. Its a easy install. You just have to be careful with the camera wire. He bought one for half the price of a dealer installed one. With the new one the camera angle has a different pitch. So when you back up you can see better with the SRT one.

·
Registered
183 Posts
My 2020 came with no decals but the srt spoiler 995 bucks for that and I still don’t understand the difference. I did not order the car. Also has a shaker

·
Super Moderator
17,261 Posts
the irony is you can order the SRT Performance spoiler # 6QW33RXFAD for hundreds less than the factory option.

it mounts in exactly the same manner as the standard spoiler. So one could order the SP tail stripe (w/ std spoiler) get the part and swap them out.

I still don't get the $200 increase in price for the SRT Performance spoiler - its as if they're active discouraging buyers to get them.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,714 Posts
...So one could order the SP tail stripe (w/ std spoiler) get the part and swap them out.
And then sell your original spoiler for even more savings.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
I've got a 2011 SRT. I loved my original spoiler, but it needed to go, because I wanted a rear view camera (in the spoiler). So, I bought the 2015 HellCat spoiler (straight across like my original one. I didn't want the notch). So, I installed it and the extra size looks good for the car. I then had stripes added to match those on the car.
Putting the Hellcat spoiler on required new holes, and of course, the hold for the camera wire. It was scary cutting the trunk deck, but it worked well. (The spoiler came with a template - thank God.). For y'all, there will be no drilling needed between the two spoilers.

My suggestion; Go with the standard spoiler the car comes with, but then buy the one you think you like. It's an easy switch (if you want to).

·
Premium Member
4,157 Posts
My 2020 came with no decals but the srt spoiler 995 bucks for that and I still don’t understand the difference. I did not order the car. Also has a shaker
And you can't get the Bumblebee stripe with the SRT spoiler! I got the stripe.

the irony is you can order the SRT Performance spoiler # 6QW33RXFAD for hundreds less than the factory option.

it mounts in exactly the same manner as the standard spoiler. So one could order the SP tail stripe (w/ std spoiler) get the part and swap them out.

I still don't get the $200 increase in price for the SRT Performance spoiler - its as if they're active discouraging buyers to get them.
I may consider the "upgrade". I need to see both first.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts