Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of SRT springs I picked up and am ready to do the swap. Is it as "simple" as just swapping out the springs or are there more changes I would have to make?

Thanks for your input.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
477 Posts
You'll been disappointed. There the same.

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
I did this swap in my 09 R/T and was very disappointed. You do get about a 1/2" drop but the ride is poor at best. After about 300 miles I swapped everything out for the Eibach setup and it was the best thing I could have done. Much better ride and handled better too.

·
Registered
9,313 Posts
Best factory set up is the Mopar Stage One lower spring set. Perfect drop, great handling, and the ride quality is a good as stock.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback, I'm looking for about a 1-1.5" drop but I was hoping to get an increase in ride quality not a loss. Little disappointed about the srt springs. Live and learn, right?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Geez I'm running SRT springs and shocks(bilsteins). I was completely unaware that my ride quality was crap.:shrug03:

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How much drop did you get? I already have the SRT springs and really hope that I didn't waste my money.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Its been awhile since I made this switch to my R/T but I thought it was very worthwhile. I think it was about an 1" drop and the handling was much improved. I didnt think the ride suffered either. I have a 2010 maybe that makes a difference.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
My car came with the SRT8 suspension installed from previous owner. I understand the drop to be 1" to 3/4". My car is a daily driver and I am 32 so not that into sacrificing ride quality for cool looks. I thought the ride has been really great for a two door muscle car. Really for any car. My wife, our two kids, and myself load up in the Challenger for road trips. We leave the Tahoe at home.

Make sure you don't have the Nivomat self leveler shocks/struts or you won't see a with any springs.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I wonder if there is a suspension resource that shows what your drop is from each product. I have the SRT springs and shocks on my 09 R/T. I've heard 3/4 to 1" drop from that. I see other cars with Eibach or MOPAR stage 1 springs and they say about the same drop or more.

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
Is it the progressive rate vs linear rate thing that makes for the change in ride quality?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
The MOPAR Stage 1 springs may be what I am looking for then. I'll have to search a SRT8 vs 09 R/T Track Pak swap and see what those numbers are. I just don't want to buy Eibach or MOPAR springs to have similar or little drop.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts