Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, didn't get much response or photos in the SRT8 forum so I hope nobody minds that I post here.

I have been thinking about taking off the SRT hood stripes from my black 2010. Anybody happy they removed the stripes from their car (any color)? Anybody regret it? If you have photos, please share!!! Any color car photos will be great to see.

I really would like to add a bumblebee or hockeystick in either white or red and think it would look strange with different color striping than the hood.

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?

Thanks!

Adam

·
Registered
36 Posts
I dig it. My buddy has a stripe-delete 09 SRT and it's gorgeous. PM me with you e-mail and when I get home from work I can send you a plethora of pictures of his Challenger. Here's an SRT coming off the line.. and look how clean an all black hood looks!!

Attachments

·
Registered
651 Posts
I like the clean look, mine came without stripes (good taste on the dealers side to order a few with stripe-delete).

But I did go ahead and order the OEM stripes from the parts dept just to have them with the car so the next owner can put them on if they want to, (some consider it a signature item), and I thought better get them now before they become obsolete when the car is discontinued, etc.

Be forewarned, they're crazy expensive, list for ~ $500, though I got mine for ~$260 with my salesman's dealer discount, (see, salesmen are sometimes good for something).
We're talking OEM Dodge stripe kit, (which consists of two sets, hood and bumper surround).
:smoker:

·
Registered
220 Posts
I removed the stripe the day after I got it. The faux carbon fiber just did not appeal to me. No regrets at all. I left the hood plain (before installing a shaker) and went with the hockey stick stripe for a retro appearance. With the hockey stick I concluded other stripes would be too distracting from the overall appearance.

Here are a few pics.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome!

I removed the stripe the day after I got it. The faux carbon fiber just did not appeal to me. No regrets at all. I left the hood plain (before installing a shaker) and went with the hockey stick stripe for a retro appearance. With the hockey stick I concluded other stripes would be too distracting from the overall appearance.

Here are a few pics.
Man, this looks fantastic! PC and white stripes are about the best combo around. Thanks for sharing!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts