Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It really sounded like the SRT Cuda was going to be shelved for a while and the Ralph Gilles interview on the Viper a while back almost made it sound like it was dead. It seems there are some "rumblings" floating around that indicate otherwise and perhaps a pleasant surprise for the '15 model year? I've read some new accounts and got some interesting feedback from a few "Dodge employees" that it's still moving forward. It's encouraging and here's to hoping! Besides the Hellcat rumors, has anyone else heard anything new??

·
Registered
359 Posts
It really sounded like the SRT Cuda was going to be shelved for a while and the Ralph Gilles interview on the Viper a while back almost made it sound like it was dead. It seems there are some "rumblings" floating around that indicate otherwise and perhaps a pleasant surprise for the '15 model year? I've read some new accounts and got some interesting feedback from a few "Dodge employees" that it's still moving forward. It's encouraging and here's to hoping! Besides the Hellcat rumors, has anyone else heard anything new??
Same here, my boss (ex. Chrysler Employee) also emailed me today saying the cuda was still on track for MY 15/16, he's friends with some of the executives above Mr. Gilles... Not sure, how reliable the sources are, but I tend not to disbelieve anything he tells me... He owns a Mopar 10 edition, but is looking to get a Viper, he doesn't think the cuda will be worth it.. Probably a little biased...

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
The more the merrier when it comes to retro muscle cars :) We'll see about the Cuda though. As far as executives above Ralph, well I can't imagine there's too many people there who know more about the potential development of a car like this than him.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
If true, this is probably going to be a restyled, smaller "world-wide" global car (comparatively, think what for just did with the 2015 mustang). Probably on the same platform as the upcoming Alfa Romeo.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
If true, this is probably going to be a restyled, smaller "world-wide" global car (comparatively, think what for just did with the 2015 mustang). Probably on the same platform as the upcoming Alfa Romeo.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Anything built on the Alfa platform they can keep... :disgust:

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The resurrection of the "Cuda" is rumor. The coming HellCat is not a rumor...
Ha, I'll believe that when there is a an official press release. Let's hope you're right. Besides that, any details on the Hellcat are rumor and speculation at this point.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
It seems Chrysler changed its original plan to replace the existing Challenger with an Alfa-based SRT Barracuda following several months of growing Challenger sales.

Based on several threads I have read, the two may co-exists side-by-side: the Challenger being true to the original --read "American"-- formula; the Barracuda more of a ground-up interpretation of a global sports coupe.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
I heard some rumors, that there are some as yet unconfirmed rumors, that there may be further rumors about the continuation of the Cuda'...but that is only a rumor...don't quote me on it

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
It would be funny....

If they built a euro tuner Cuda, smaller, faster, lighter and cheaper than the upcoming 15' euro mustang ricer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts