Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok been pondering this for far too long, and I am on the fence but leaning a little towards the take offs, first thing I like the drop Eibachs give on a mopar, I had a '08 R/T Charger that I bought the pro kit, I also had to get the upper a-arms from SPC just so I can get the alignment right and was about to pull the trigger on the rear bushings as well to be right on because they were still off but I wound up trading in the Charger for the Chally last July and I've come across the takeoffs that are online and being that they stated there are only 15 sets left due to the 2011's are different. if I go this route I shouldn't have to worry about control arms and or rear bushings for that matter.
Let me hear you guys input please, by the way are they different from auto to 6 speeds on the springs and struts?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
I've got the SRT stuff on my '09 RT. I like the way it handles, but wish that it was just a bit lower.
Regarding alignment... What was the problem with the alignment with the Pro kit?
I ask because the 2011 SRT has revised alignment settings that dial in -1.5 degrees camber in the front and -.5 in the rear. I have run other cars on the street with -1 degree on the fronts without killing my tires.
If the camber change is within those specs, I wonder if it might actually be beneficial.
Just a thought.

SRTs (at least through 2010) had the same hardware on the automatics and 6 speeds. My '09 6 speed R/T has hardware from an '08 (automatic only) SRT.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I forget what the numbers were but all I remember was that it was enough to warrant a SPC kit to get it in range (fronts), the rears were close but for piece of mind, I was gonna jump on the rear bushings as well but I tell you what in the Charger after the springs settled after almost a week and those new tubular SPC control arms in, the handling felt real nice even with the stock R/T shocks (garbage) but on my current 6 speed, they are the black Bilsteins, are those any good?

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
I don't know anything about the black Bilsteins. They *might* be load leveling, like the Nivomats were. Or not. Just don't know.
I'm certain that they're not junk. Just don't know what Dodge's intent was.
FWIW... The yellow SRT Bilsteins are not load leveling.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BTW I almost forgot my car has the Track Pak not the STP.
IDK this is tough to decide on, I know the Eibachs look awesome by the pics I see on these forums. I am not looking into clocking G's on a twisty, but I want a better ride than the stock R/T suspension.
This is why I will never buy full length headers, I want them but cost is an issue with those but the benefits are better than shorties. If I can pull off putting in the Eibachs and not needing the front control arms and or rear bushings then I'd go with the Prokit and save some cash. But I know for sure that I wont need them for the SRT takeoffs but she'll sit a little taller than the prokit
Yeesh.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have SRT takeoffs on my '09 R/T. I think the height is perfect, and the ride is great. The drop (at least on my car) was very noticeable from the stock R/T suspension. I had Eibachs on previous cars, and didn't like them.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
one thing I didn't like about the Eibachs was that It was a pain to slip a jack or ride up on a lift. but that was it. Other than I had to pay more for the control arms and pay someone to put them in

1 - 7 of 7 Posts