Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I was just getting to post this. Someone mentioned in the stickied 2015 Challenger Thread that starting with 2015, the SRT Challenger and Charger will no longer say "Dodge" on them anywhere. :werd:

It's not really surprising news....they only had one vehicle that was SRT Only, and 3 that were hopped-up versions of other divisions cars.

I am glad to see them finally putting on paper that Dodge will be refocused as the performance brand. I also noticed, and so did the article, a lack of any Avenger mid-sized replacement.

I do wonder if this means the SRT 300 will be coming to an end?

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agree completely.

Indeed, IDK either what this means to both Grand Cherokee and 300 SRT.

Reactions: shiftintohigh

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
We all knew that this whole subdividing thing was a waste of effort anyway. It's still not going to help the Viper sell. It doesn't belong in that price range at all. It belongs down in the Z06 range and would do well. At $100K it's not enough vehicle for the money. Am I the only one who thinks it's front end is ugly? They could have done better.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Sorry guys im having a brain fart right now, probaly because im at work..... Can someone tell me exactly what this means?? Will there not be SRT cars anymore?

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
There will be SRT vehicles but they will be Dodge SRT or Chrysler SRT or Jeep SRT. They won't stand as SRT on their own.

·
Registered
236 Posts
So no SRT Cuda in the future. Oh well.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Say good bye to the Grand Cherokee SRT and 300 SRT. With this recent move to fold the SRT brand back under Dodge that eliminates the other two variants. Dodge is the Performance/Muscle car segment in FCA now. If you look at the just release 5 year plans for each brand - there is no mention of a GC SRT or 300 SRT.

Links below for reference...

Jeep's 5 year plan
Dodge's 5 year plan
Chrysler's 5 year plan

Reactions: Harbor

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Say goodbye to nothing. They aren't going to stop SRT Jeep and Chrysler products. Where's the point in that!?! They put all this money into creating, developing, testing, and producing products to sell them solely through one of the 3 brands? That makes about as much sense as a butthole on your elbow. They will have to vary the market to increase sales and recoup the cost.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Hell Ride... read through the Jeep and Chrysler 5 year plan and tell me where you see them continuing producing the GC SRT and 300 SRT...

And by the way the Hellcat engine has been confirmed on page 13 of the link I posted for the Dodge 5 year plan.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The 300 and GC SRTs don't sell well (neither do the Chargers, for that matter). Here in suburban Philly, the roads are littered with the normal versions of all 3, but I can go MONTHS without seeing another, except at car shows (I own a 2003 Viper and 2007 Superbee).

·
Registered
573 Posts
We all knew that this whole subdividing thing was a waste of effort anyway. It's still not going to help the Viper sell. It doesn't belong in that price range at all. It belongs down in the Z06 range and would do well. At $100K it's not enough vehicle for the money. Am I the only one who thinks it's front end is ugly? They could have done better.
I agree $100 K for a Viper is priced to high. I like the look enough to consider buying one if it was priced in the Z06 price range.
I will keep my 2010 SRT Challenger.:)
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
212 Posts
Well, that's a complete 180, I thought fiat/Chrysler was taking SRT INTO ITS "OWN" brand al la RAM trucks instead of dodge ram trucks

The 300 and GC SRTs don't sell well (neither do the Chargers, for that matter). Here in suburban Philly, the roads are littered with the normal versions of all 3, but I can go MONTHS without seeing another, except at car shows (I own a 2003 Viper and 2007 Superbee).
Hmmm, thought I read the other day that the GC was the best selling of the SRTs lines

·
Registered
610 Posts
so the dogde journey will get a AWD HO turbo engine and will be the new addition to SRT and the chrysler 200 gets 300 horse power WTF!! with a 9 speed automatic for 20 grand! o_O

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well, that's a complete 180, I thought fiat/Chrysler was taking SRT INTO ITS "OWN" brand al la RAM trucks instead of dodge ram trucks

Hmmm, thought I read the other day that the GC was the best selling of the SRTs lines
I've read that as well. Maybe in other areas of the country, but not around here.

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
From Chrysler:

In conjunction with the outlined plans for Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA), Chrysler Group LLC today announced that the SRT family of vehicles will be consolidated under the Dodge brand. Tim Kuniskis will lead this effort as he continues his role as President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Dodge Brand and head of the Company's Fleet Operations. Ralph Gilles continues as the Senior Vice President of Product Design and President and CEO of Motorsports. The move is effective immediately.

"I want to thank Ralph for his dedication to the SRT brand," said Sergio Marchionne, Chairman and CEO, Chrysler Group LLC. "Under Ralph's leadership, the SRT brand expanded its vehicle lineup to include more highly customized models and received numerous automotive awards and distinctions."

According to AutoBlog, the Dodge Dart will see a refresh in 2016 and get the SRT treatment by the end of that year. Consumers can also expect to see a new Dodge Journey in 2016, as well as an SRT package by 2017, the same year the Dodge Durango will get a new look.

The site also said that in 2018, Dodge will bring a B-segment sedan and hatchback that hasn't been named, and an all-new Challenger and Charger will debut in July, with SRT treatments by the end of that year.

Finally, AutoBlog reports that Dodge will "kill off" the Avenger and the Grand Caravan by 2018.

Reactions: brampton builder

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
so SRT will be the M series of BMW or the AMG of Benz

the 300 and the GC SRT8 are superb products; the 300 handles the road much better than the Challenger or the Charger; with a good tune and head cam/swap that thing would be just a killer; supercharge it and any +$100k BMers, AMG and AUDI stay behind

it does not matter how many units you sell out of the SRTs; there are large economy of scales achieved here, so profits kick in much sooner in terms of breaking even point;
the margins are much higher on these products

the SRT brand pulls in sales for other models; it is a good move to combine it all; it will be simpler and thus clearer for the consumer

the Dodge market needs to identify to an icon;
the SRT line is supposed be the Dodge icon that pulls in sales of the other models underneath it

when Chrysler was shitting its balance sheet left right and center, keeping the SRT brand away most likely avoided confusion at the sales management level and helped keep positive the market perception

who wants to buy a vehicle from a company on the brink of disappearing or fighting in bankruptcy courts to remain a going concern; not many

Sergio wants to move production to the US; I hope he does; the European labor market is a debacle in terms of costs to run; the labor laws are insanely against any employer;

I hope he is serious unless he is using it as leverage with the Italian prime minister who needs to save jobs and a national icon moving away from Italy

I don't care who owns the balance sheet as long as I drive an American icon that is crafted with care in the NA and takes on sensible modernization so the heritage does not become a dinosaur or outdated

Thanks for the post OP

Cheers

ODP

1 - 20 of 82 Posts