Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 337 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas, just wanted to know if this is still going on? I have an SRT and I'm assuming its free for SRT owners correct? On their website drivesrt.com it says that the schedule will be out after Jan1, 2009. Well its February and I have yet to see a schedule. Is this program dead?

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
I went for my second time in september. I think their still on for 2009. The first time I went it was run by skip barber racing school. They where really good! They really really rang you out and had you driving on the ragged edge. This last time it was run by the Richard Petty school. They sucked.

·
Premium Member
5,228 Posts
I look forward to attending. Should be a lot different than the BSR and NC Highway Patrol schools that I attended. ;)

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I contacted the SRT Track Experience Team about the schedule, and here is the reply:

"Yes our 2009 schedule is still being tweaked we should have it up by the end of first quarter. I have put your email address in our system to receive an email when we have the schedule posted.

Thanks,
SRT Team
Kim"

I will post schedule or link to schedule here when I receive word that it is ready.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
should I register in the mean time?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Nando, I wouldn't register yet. However, you can go to DriveSRT.com and sign-up for updates. This will get your email in their database and you should get the updated information the same time I do.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you sir. I definitely wanna do this

·
Super Moderator
14,032 Posts
I am looking forward to it. They let you flog the entire SRT line of cars. Last year, in my NJ area, they had it at Englishtown Raceway in the summer.

It is free for SRT owners. Anyone else can participate for $500. Additional non-participating guests are $60 each. This includes two meals.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I contacted the SRT Track Experience Team about the schedule, and here is the reply:

"Yes our 2009 schedule is still being tweaked we should have it up by the end of first quarter. I have put your email address in our system to receive an email when we have the schedule posted.

Thanks,
SRT Team
Kim"

I will post schedule or link to schedule here when I receive word that it is ready.
What is the email address you used to contact them? I checked their site again today, and no info whatsoever. :disappointed: I signed up for the updates, but that's all I saw on the site. They are doing their "tweaking" a little late in the game, the schedule should be set already, not at the end of the "first quarter". I think somebody is stalling for some reason. Funding from Chrysler a problem this year???? Something's not right here. :grim:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
What is the email address you used to contact them? I checked their site again today, and no info whatsoever. :disappointed: I signed up for the updates, but that's all I saw on the site. They are doing their "tweaking" a little late in the game, the schedule should be set already, not at the end of the "first quarter". I think somebody is stalling for some reason. Funding from Chrysler a problem this year???? Something's not right here. :grim:
The following info is provided on the Contact page. They provide email, phone, and snail mail contacts. Good luck, let us know what they tell you.

If you have any questions, please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions. If your question cannot be answered there, feel free to send us an email or contact the SRT Track Experience Team Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST.
Email:
[email protected]
Phone:
1-800-998-1110
Fax:
1-248-553-2138
Mail:
SRT Track Experience
26970 Haggerty Road
Farmington Hills, MI 48331

·
Registered
28 Posts
The following info is provided on the Contact page. They provide email, phone, and snail mail contacts. Good luck, let us know what they tell you.

If you have any questions, please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions. If your question cannot be answered there, feel free to send us an email or contact the SRT Track Experience Team Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST.
Email:
[email protected]
Phone:
1-800-998-1110
Fax:
1-248-553-2138
Mail:
SRT Track Experience
26970 Haggerty Road
Farmington Hills, MI 48331

Thanks, 1HotRod. Don't know how I missed that, in a hurry I guess.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Being naturally pessimistic, I'm beginning to doubt if there will be any SRTTE this year at all... more likely, they'll only run half as many events, effectively doubling the attendence and cramming too many people in at once. Perhaps adding the "sit in the SRT" and "color your own SRT" activities to the rotation.

And how about this: if they do cancel the whole schedule, could we get our money back? After all, this is a feature of the car that's listed on the sticker.

But hey, maybe they're just late in announcing the full schedule. I sometimes forget that there's that winter thing that happens in most states. Here's hoping for a couple of weekends near each one of us this year!

·
Super Moderator
14,032 Posts
On last night's SRT Engineers' Chat Session, they stated the following:

"We are working out the schedule details. Looking to start it in April. More to come very soon."

·
Registered
890 Posts
On last night's SRT Engineers' Chat Session, they stated the following:

"We are working out the schedule details. Looking to start it in April. More to come very soon."
Thanks Cuda for the info. I myself, plan on attending.

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Is there a Vegas track experience. I will be in Vegas in April and in June.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm excited to hear that they will start sometime in april.

So how does this work? do we drive our own SRT's to the track or do they supply the vehicles?

·
Registered
699 Posts
They supply the vehicles, so this can be the unique track visit: drive hard without thrashing your tires and brakes!

You'll love it. Nando, aren't you in NorCal? If so, keep your fingers crossed for SRTTE at Laguna Seca. Very, very fun.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Does anyone know whether SRTTE uses Willow Springs? And if so, is it the Big track or the Streets course? Thanks,

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They supply the vehicles, so this can be the unique track visit: drive hard without thrashing your tires and brakes!

You'll love it. Nando, aren't you in NorCal? If so, keep your fingers crossed for SRTTE at Laguna Seca. Very, very fun.

Yessir, I'm in the city. Laguna Seca is so much fun, but I've only ridden my motorcycle around the track. Never in a car. I will definitely be there, or any track for that matter. I wouldn't mine Sears Point either, its such a technical track. even better we get to thrash their car and not our own

your pic is of the straightaway at laguna right? Looks like the last corner before the straightaway.

The corkscrew is unbelievable, feels like a straight drop.

1 - 20 of 337 Posts