Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a slightly used SRT 6sp for the same price as a new T/A 392 6sp can anybody give pros and cons for each

·
Registered
960 Posts
T/A 392 is basically a Scat Pack with the dynamics package and a graphics package.

An SRT of the same vintage will have adjustable suspension, and a few other do-dah options that you can't get on a T/A.

If you want adjustable suspension, get the SRT. If you like the T/A graphics, get the T/A.

·
Registered
637 Posts
The T/A 392 is a better looking car in my opinion.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Yeah T/A all day in this case!

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
The reason I'm leaning towards the SRT here is, how good will those vinyl wraps on the T/A look after a few years in the sun?? The T/A looks great, don't get me wrong...Will it still look great when It's spent 2,3, or 4 years in the sun?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Pretty close comparison IMO. Having the track mode suspension is a must for me now so would have to say SRT. Kinda like the flat bottom steering wheel too.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Maybe showing my lack of knowledge regarding the two models, but, I would really want the 6 piston brembos on front that I know the SRT has, not sure if the T/A has those brakes, but on a road course those big brakes would be worth having, just saying . . .

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
Hey Rick, the 392 TA has the 6 piston fronts standard

OP, myself, I would go with the TA all day long

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
^^^ Yep, 392 T/A has a few of the SRT goodies. 6 piston Brembos, 9.5" wheels with 275/40/20 tires. Big T/A plus is the Air Grabber C.A. intake. I liked it so much I put one on my SRT. Works great!

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Not that it's cheap, but in this case there is only 1 thing the SRT has that the T/A doesn't have, and that's the adjustable suspension. The T/A has lots of unique stuff on it. When you take into account that we're talking new vs. used here, you gotta take the brand new car all day over the used one for the same money IMO. They are not the same model year either, SRT is older.

I see people getting used SRTs real cheap right now, so the notion that the SRT depreciates less than the others looks to be totally false.

·
Premium Member
3,695 Posts
I'm not a black hood or black wheel car lover, and the SRT adjustable suspension is not something you could easily add, so for me I'd go SRT. You also need to consider the color of the cars. Is either one a color you desire?

·
Premium Member
2,994 Posts
If you like graphics get the T/A if you like performance get the SRT. Figure in the cost of adding a extended service contract to the SRT and if it is still a good deal I'd choose it. 2600 miles is nothing and it probably is a garage queen?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts