Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been a new 2012 leftover automatic Yellow Jacket SRT at a dodge dealer near me. The msrp is $48,000 and for whatever reason the vehicle has not sold yet. I was considering purchasing it if they offered a substantial savings on the msrp. What do you guys think would be a fair offer for it? Also, how do any of you who have the automatic like it?

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
There has been a new 2012 leftover automatic Yellow Jacket SRT at a dodge dealer near me. The msrp is $48,000 and for whatever reason the vehicle has not sold yet. I was considering purchasing it if they offered a substantial savings on the msrp. What do you guys think would be a fair offer for it? Also, how do any of you who have the automatic like it?
Love the Yellow Jackets... how many miles on it? I would say 39k........ in 6 months it will be 3 model years old but they will probably laugh at you if you tell them that. I am sure many folks on this forum will chime in...

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Just in comparison I got my 2013 2 months ago used 4k miles loaded SRT for 40k... just fyi.

They are eating the cost for flooring the vehicle so one would think they would be willing to deal, but not all Dealers think the same on this, if you really like it and its meant to be go in on the last day of the month and try to negotiate a price. Most Dealers are trying to make numbers (units sold) at the end of the month.

As for the price the 48k is a bit high just don't know how much of a loss they are willing to take, they may hold out. You could also tell them to come down and you will buy a Chrysler Service Contract to extend the warranty that will lessen their loss but also benefit you in the long run.

Just some ideas...

Good Luck

·
Premium Member
9,429 Posts
There are a few here who were able to get $10,000 off the sticker. There were dealers who added a premium to the yellow jacket and others who just wouldn't budge on price and got stuck with them. The yellow jacket package had already been more expensive than other SRT's. Good luck.

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
Offer 36k to start. But I wouldn't go above 37k. I know people that have gotten then over 10k off in the last 6 months. Don't be afraid. Consider the depreciation of 3 model years. Good luck.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Mine stickered for a little less then that and I got it for 39k in sept. No way I would pay more then that now.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Offer 36k to start. But I wouldn't go above 37k. I know people that have gotten then over 10k off in the last 6 months. Don't be afraid. Consider the depreciation of 3 model years. Good luck.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I agree. I would not go above $37,000. You are in a unique position because the car has been on their lot for 2 years. We bought ours last July and that was my point. I also brought printouts of other Yellow Jackets that were heavily discounted at other dealers as well as prices for new core 392's. I now only see 1 yellow jacket for sale on Autotrader so I would just go with core 392 pricing. I also told them what I was willing to pay and stuck to that number. For the first time ever I was willing to walk out of a dealership without a car. I'm curious to see how this turns out for you. Keep us posted and good luck!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Yeah My dealer laughed at me when I told him mine was two models old! He said he didn't care if he ever sold it because it looked awesome on the show room floor.M ine listed for $ 50,499.00 and I got it for $ 43,699.00 last March

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
You got "$35k" for your trade-in nut how good a deal you get on the new car purchsed? Dealers do not lose money on a single deal.

Javier
I think I got a great deal! It's a used car though - To fill the void (maybe) until the '15s are announced.

It's a FUN car too! Hint: I guess I should change my forum name to GR8...SRT10? :lol:

·
Registered
280 Posts
I think I got a great deal! It's a used car though - To fill the void (maybe) until the '15s are announced.

It's a FUN car too! Hint: I guess I should change my forum name to GR8...SRT10? :lol:
Nice!

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
And just this Thursday I traded in my '11 SRT8 with 14.5k miles for $35k. :icon_confused:
They can show you any number for your trade--it's the difference that counts and how much you paid for the new car. They probably have about $30K in your SRT hard money.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
They can show you any number for your trade--it's the difference that counts and how much you paid for the new car. They probably have about $30K in your SRT hard money.
Sorry for the thread jack, but...

That's all true. However, I negotiated the new/used car's price FIRST! Without a trade, I would've bought this car for the price we got it down to. Honestly!

On the trade, they offered a price, and I countered. I told them if they meet my price, I'd "sign" right now. I guess it helped that I had so much equity in my car and a signed and approved bank authorization check...

·
Registered
31 Posts
I paid 40,995 for my YJ in April. I went to the dealer for a PCP R/T and threw an offer at them for the YJ sitting in their showroom. MSRP -$10k. They accepted and a hour later I was driving home with a mile wide smile. I figured it was worth $4k over the R/T as it had 100+ HP and all the upgrades I would have performed anyway.

·
Premium Member
9,429 Posts
I paid 40,995 for my YJ in April. I went to the dealer for a PCP R/T and threw an offer at them for the YJ sitting in their showroom. MSRP -$10k. They accepted and a hour later I was driving home with a mile wide smile. I figured it was worth $4k over the R/T as it had 100+ HP and all the upgrades I would have performed anyway.
Congratulations, enjoy the new Yellow Jacket.
Where are you from and whats in it?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts