Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The crankshaft center-line is about 3 inches lower than the original V6, and the set back is as much as we can get it without major surgery to the firewall. The Drag Pak cars had the firewalls modified to fit the engine. We are also running the stock 48RE transmission that came in the SRT10 Ram which is fairly large, only a small amount of floor pan massaging on the driver's side is required.

cheers

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well we got the steering all sorted out. Got it around the starter and it doesn't encroach to badly on the exhaust exit out of the manifold. The pipe will need some tweaking but it's not outrageous.

Pics of the transmission mount,

I placed the original 3.5 radiator just to see, there is about an inch of room to spare between the fins and the belt drive. Going to get a thicker one with two pusher fans in front.

Close up of the engine mount and the steering rack drop bracket,

Now I have to pull the oil pan off again 'cause the new dipstick tube won't fit in the hole :(

cheers

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Another update :)!

The engine is all installed with the transmission. Steering is done, just need a rad, driveshaft and exhaust.

Getting the wiring done, going with a Mega Squirt 3 to control the engine, an Anteater transmission controller for the 48re and a pair of Quad Spark coil drivers.

Hopefully have the first start -up next week :)

cheers!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,717 Posts
Always keep em coming back for more :)

A Guy

·
Registered
523 Posts
You should have done this and uploaded it to YouTube and made progress videos. I'm hoping a YouTube video will be uploaded after you get it finished.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Does the truck motor have a different kind of power than a car engine Is it for more than pulling things? I am just saying. Can't wait to see it done.

·
Registered
761 Posts
interestingly done. Nice to see out of the box thinking and execution. I'll be keeping an eye out for this one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Well I got the oil cooler and power steering cooler installed.

Had to get a new line made for the high pressure power steering side, the SRT10 pump has a 1/2 inch line while the 3.5 system uses a 3/8 line. They made me a line with one of each fitting on each end to mate the two together.

cheers

21 - 40 of 64 Posts