Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Nice,

Those Drag Pak cars are really something.

Here is the video for those that don't use Facebook. There is no exhaust, just the downtubes so that I could bung up some O2's. No coolant in this video as we only want to check for the basic start up and idle.

cheers

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Well I have another quick update!

Got the new gauges in, notice the SRT-10 on the tach :)

With using these, we have to do away with the smart cluster as the only thing that works on it now is the fuel gauge, but you can't delete it entirely because it controls EVERYTHING!!!!!!. it controls the signals, wipers, horn, lights, power windows, ect, ect, ect. So our plan is to take from it what outputs we need, such as highbeam and signal indicators (they are on the new speedo) and some others and carefully wrap it up and tuck it away under the dash.

Here we are finding out what wire goes where, then it gets wrapped up and tucked.

This is the only mod we had to do to fit the transmission, mainly to clear the neutral start switch and detent cable.

This looks worse than it is lol.

As the new transmission is a 48RE, basically a souped up 727, it has a regular output shaft, not the rubber cushions from the Challenger/Mercedes Benz. The diff uses the 3 hole flange for the rubber so I bought this adapter flange to be able to use regular 1350 U-Joints.

And here's the new steel shaft rated at 1000hp!

Old little girly-man diff,

New LSD for more power!

And all buttoned up with the new LSD unit from SpeedLogix, including new half-shafts,

So we'll see about actually driving it on Thursday to take around the block for an alignment and a new exhaust!

cheers

·
Registered
357 Posts
Naturally, the Viper V10 is the highlight.
But the custom gauges and work to get all the electronics talking nicely to each other is something else!

I guess you lose some functionality like reading diagnostic codes?
Or will there be a compatible handheld tuner for you to use?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Naturally, the Viper V10 is the highlight.
But the custom gauges and work to get all the electronics talking nicely to each other is something else!

I guess you lose some functionality like reading diagnostic codes?
Or will there be a compatible handheld tuner for you to use?

We will be able to access the car data port for reading codes like ABS, SRS, but not powertrain. The Mega Squirt 3 for the engine and Anteater for the transmission have there own usb port to view all the available data on a laptop.

cheers

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Got some more tidying up done. We had an issue with the engine starting up then shutting down after a few seconds. Figured out the oil pressure parameters were out to lunch and the O2 sensors needed calibration in the Mega Squirt software. So far we're pretty sure everything will work except the cruise control.

Yes the HEMI billboard will be replaced lol!

cheers

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,774 Posts
How will you feed air to that beast?

A Guy

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
How will you feed air to that beast?

A Guy
We have a K&N cone filter on the TB.

Drove it over to the exhaust shop for some duals!

I think my work boots are bigger than these mufflers lol!

Diving it back into the shop,

cheers

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,774 Posts
Super 10's? :) Sounds interesting ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Got the 14 inch Baer brakes with 6 piston calipers mounted.

Had to lower the swaybar a little for oil pan clearance,

Cut out of the old mount,

Tacking up the new mount. We removed it from the factory K-member.

All finished up,

cheers

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Started the road tuning of the engine management software, so far so good!

Engine bay getting cleaned up.

cheers

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,774 Posts
Looking good, great job :thumbsup:

A Guy

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Got the final tuning complete! Had to go with a larger radiator and install a second fan to keep her cool, especially with the A/C on at idle lol.

So with the larger rad the filter mounted on the end of the throttle body wasn't going to work. What we ended up doing was using the OEM intake tube from the truck and putting the K&N filter on the end of it, right behind the grill on the right side.

Took it for a 5 hour ride today to Ottawa and back, not a single issue and temps stayed in the mid 80's celcius.

Now we wait for a nice day to deliver the car lol

cheers

·
Registered
528 Posts
Bad Ass! Other than the original SRT10 concept, I think you guys are the only other ones who successfully put a Viper V-10 in a Challenger, save the Drag Pack.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts