Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
392 k&n cold air installed

HERE IS THE FIRST COLD AIR INTAKE I HAVE SEEN ON THE 392. THIS GUY MODIFIED HIS K&N. WOULD YOU GUYS DO THIS. HERE IS THE VID.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
i dont see how a different air cleaner makes the exhaust sound different?

does an air cleaner really make enough of a difference to actually feel? what does it add? 5hp?

nice job modifying it though!

take it to a Dyno and show us the increase!!!

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
I didnt really gain anything on the dyno with my drop in K&N I did on my 6.1L I had. Also Im not putting any "cold air intake" on my 392. The stock air box is a true cold air intake and flows plenty.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont see how a different air cleaner makes the exhaust sound different?

does an air cleaner really make enough of a difference to actually feel? what does it add? 5hp?

nice job modifying it though!

take it to a Dyno and show us the increase!!!
Yeah man I agree with you across the board. Having a cold air does give you better throttle response in my opinion.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I didnt really gain anything on the dyno with my drop in K&N I did on my 6.1L I had. Also Im not putting any "cold air intake" on my 392. The stock air box is a true cold air intake and flows plenty.
What people have to understand is a open air filter is liable to heat from the engine. The factory inclosed box act as a shield from the heat from the engine. I know with aftermarket air filter they have a small inclosure wall around it but the question is how effective it is from keeping the engine heat out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
When I put my Mopar CAI on I was looking for engine looks as well as the sound. I didn't believe the sound part myself so I installed Audacity on my Mac and took before and after recordings (same location, but not too scientific). Sure enough it did make it a little bit more DB's as well as the potential 5hp gain you mentioned. I do agree it does not do much with the engine temp but once I get some ceramic headers and make my T/A hood functional it should negate these affects. Feel free to tell me if I am being naive as I am just a rookie (not the poster!) at modifications.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts