Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was just thinking, with all the Scat Pack excitement lately...where would the current SRT8 compare? We already know the Stage 3 will be less than what the current 392 puts out, so a jump to 470/470 power equivelant wouuld take the stage 3 to a stage 4 right away, then when you factor in all the driveline and suspension upgrades, that would take you from a stage 4 to a stage 5? The more I read about it, the more I love my SRT :) Then you theoretically have a SRT8 with a tune, could you consider that an equivelant to Stage 6? :naughty: :fight::icon_aetsch:

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
A stroked SCAT 3 is a stage 4.....

.......an STP equipped SCAT 4 is a SCAT 4.5. A Brembo equipped SCAT 4.5 is a SCAT 5. Add functional hood scoop, better seats, steering wheel and functional splitter to SCAT 5, and you get SRT. Or SCAT 5.5

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,817 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Yes...

I did some math...and yes I "Blah, Blah Blah'd." But I did so as a response to all these wild expectations of 100 HP gains from a 5.7 with Cam and Headers. I mentioned earlier that I hoped the power gains would be good as I do prefer all Challengers to be faster (it is good for our brand if we get a power bump).
@TeddyP-I got one on order (but like many, I won't "be done with it"...I will mod it eventually)

Reactions: teddyp

·
Registered
249 Posts
How about Scat Pack Stage Eleventy billion....?
That should take care of all the later iterations till the next millenium.

:bangin: (jokes) !

·
Registered
828 Posts
Whatever helps ya.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
We already know the Stage 3 will be less than what the current 392 puts out :naughty: :fight::icon_aetsch:
Here we go... Where did you find the HP ratings for the stage kits? Why would any of the SRT guys care if performance parts got the R/T into SRT8 range? If you can mod an R/T you can mod your SRT8 to be faster too... It's like you have to make sure you're still king or something. Now, to be clear, I'm NOT specifically addressing EricG with this post other than the HP ratings for the Stage kits. I would love to know what those figures are or are not.

Reactions: Stimpy433

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Uncle Owen!
Yeah?
This SRT8 scat pack 5 has a bad motivator, look!
Hey, what are you trying to push on us?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Uncle Owen!
Yeah?
This SRT8 scat pack 5 has a bad motivator, look!
Hey, what are you trying to push on us?
Get yourself 10 more HP by picking up a converter . I hear Toshi station has them

·
Registered
637 Posts
In life someone will always have something bigger, faster, cheaper, or younger. Its a fact for 99.99% of us.

Joy comes from being happy with what you have, insecurity comes from............ well, just how small is it!:icon_razz:

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
A guess probably....

I was just thinking, with all the Scat Pack excitement lately...where would the current SRT8 compare? We already know the Stage 3 will be less than what the current 392 puts out,

How do you know that?
My guess is this: The headers will be SRT headers (or very similar) because they already exist ...It would cost more to create better ones. Likewise, I believe the CAM and Intake will be SRT components. The only thing missing is the "stroke." I believe the extra cubic inches are approx. 1/3-1/2 of the difference. Where am I wrong here (what did I miss)?

Also, I'll keep saying it. I hope the 5.7's get a huge increase. I don't think the SRT guy's care either way.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I really don't care either way myself. It's just funny to see all the SRT boy's getting bent out of shape about how much HP the SG3 will put out. I bought the Classic model simply because it looks best I could careless anymore about HP. Don't get me wrong I like a nice sounding and running car, but I don't need to be the fastest anymore.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I keep reading about 5.7's not being able to make an extra 100hp with headers, cam and heads. Its already been done and its called a 6.4 (392)! The 6.4 isn't a built 6.1 its a built 5.7, and yes some SRT8 guys are very arrogant and think they are special just like the GT500 guys! and before I get flamed for saying that, yes I have a 6.1 SRT8 (Magnum) that sits right next to my Challenger R/T. At the end of the day who cares how much hp you have unless you are racing it at the track every other day and you know how to drive, there is always going to be a BBD, that's just an opinion and we all know what they are like!

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Yep

I keep reading about 5.7's not being able to make an extra 100hp with headers, cam and heads. Its already been done and its called a 6.4 (392)! The 6.4 isn't a built 6.1 its a built 5.7, and yes some SRT8 guys are very arrogant and think they are special just like the GT500 guys! and before I get flamed for saying that, yes I have a 6.1 SRT8 (Magnum) that sits right next to my Challenger R/T. At the end of the day who cares how much hp you have unless you are racing it at the track every other day and you know how to drive, there is always going to be a BBD, that's just an opinion and we all know what they are like!
But you forgot to mention 45 extra cubic inches. That is the biggest power adder to the 5.7 block.

·
Registered
137 Posts
The stage 3 will cost as a much as a SRT8 if not more. I bet it will cost more that a Core SRT8. How do you think the Vipers guys are going to feel when the Hellcat comes out. The Challenger is the best looking retro car on the road that's why I bought it. I had an SRT8 Charger so I could not go with the 5.7 The suspension and brakes plays a big part to me as well as HP. I was lucky to be able buy another SRT8

1 - 20 of 27 Posts