Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I sold my beloved SRT8 last year to a buyer in New Zealand and have missed having a roaring 6.1 under the hood.

I'm starting a build on a 1952 Dodge Pilothouse / Job-rated B series truck. I'm going with a restomod style and am strongly considering dropping a 6.1 in her if I can make it work. I understand anything can work with endless funds, but looking for some insight on any serious problems I may encounter.

My initial concerns are mainly purchasing a donor engine and having computer issues. To specify what I mean, getting an engine/ECU that is somehow locked electronically. I plan to purchase something that already has an engine, trans, ECU, harness, etc...whatever I can get my hands on, but could end up with simply just an engine and trans and have to purchase an ECU separately.

I will not be doing the swap myself, but want to educate myself prior as much as possible. I have yet to find or see anyone with one of these older Dodge trucks who have done this so I'm excited to do something semi-new. I appreciate any help. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because I want to do a restomod and it's something that I haven't seen done before. I want to build an SRT tribute with a true SRT plant. Also, I won't be paying anywhere near those prices for a 6.1 donor engine...easily less than half for what I've sourced so far.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome!! Thanks! Just glad to know it's possible. I'm familiar with you guys, but didn't think to check the site out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts