Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have been following this concept since I saw her in Detroit, and I am dieing to get one. I was wondering, I havent seen any information, so it might just be rumors or thoughts. Like all SRT8's there are certain body difference, suspension difference and what have you.

To get to the question, is the 6cyl model if they make one, is it going to have a none R/T hood, like a flat hood?

Im sure there no info on this, so its all gonna be speculation, but it would be cool to see base designs, to make the SRT's or RT's stand out a little bit.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Welcome, V8Mentality.

Too soon to tell, of course,
[knowing DCX, they may produce a four-door]
but i would like to see models with
R/T, T/A, and Shaker hoods;
the flat "6-cyl" hood, nah.

Nice website, BTW, great classic Challenger!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi, when I was at the Milwaukee Auto Show I was talking to a Sales Manager that was there. I was quizin' him on the Challenger and he knew all I new, and more, so I knew he was tuned in. He told me the Challenger will be released next Summer, 2007. It'll have a Model line up like the Charger and Magnum. Challenger V6, Challenger R/T 340 horse HEMI and the SRT8. A Convertible will follow the next Summer,2008. I told him that I had not herd about the Convert. He said Chrysler has 3, Sebring, Crossfire and PT Cruser and Dodge does not have a Convert. He also told me that the 5.7 and 6.1 SRT will be available with a 6 speed stick! I do hope he is right about all this:)

·
Registered
492 Posts
V Point said:
Hi, when I was at the Milwaukee Auto Show I was talking to a Sales Manager that was there. I was quizin' him on the Challenger and he knew all I new, and more, so I knew he was tuned in. He told me the Challenger will be released next Summer, 2007. It'll have a Model line up like the Charger and Magnum. Challenger V6, Challenger R/T 340 horse HEMI and the SRT8. A Convertible will follow the next Summer,2008. I told him that I had not herd about the Convert. He said Chrysler has 3, Sebring, Crossfire and PT Cruser and Dodge does not have a Convert. He also told me that the 5.7 and 6.1 SRT will be available with a 6 speed stick! I do hope he is right about all this:)
Sounds very plausible to me. ;)

·
Registered
257 Posts
How much $ did you give this guy for all the info? I went to my local dealer, and all he said was "Challenger???" "I can have you drivin' this Magnum SRT-8 in less than an hour." I told him that if it was available in a 2 door I'd buy 3 of them!!

·
Registered
492 Posts
wirewilly said:
How much $ did you give this guy for all the info? I went to my local dealer, and all he said was "Challenger???" "I can have you drivin' this Magnum SRT-8 in less than an hour." I told him that if it was available in a 2 door I'd buy 3 of them!!
Unfortunately, the majority of car salespeople are just that ...'car salespeople' and nothing more. More often than not, I've encountered such a person who appears to have never even bothered to scan through a sales brochure or skimmed through an automotive enthusiast magazine. That's why we know more than the average car salesperson does about the product (vehicles) they are selling or might be selling sometime in the future...you know, those who make us cringe each time we hear them 'spew forth' incorrect information, 'hand us' the proverbial "I don't know" and/or just simply say nothing. Automotive dealerships need to employ salespeople who also happen to be legitimate automotive enthusiasts. The trick, however, is locating an automotive dealership which employs such a unique individual. ;)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Last week, I went to a Dodge dealership that is specialized in performance products. I was looking at a Magnum SRT and a Viper in the showroom and a salesman walked to me and presented himself. I told him I was waiting for the CHALLENGER and asked him if he knew anything about this car. He told me "Come to my office!". On the wall behing his chair, there was a board (around 3' X 3') with lots of CHALLENGER concept (inside and outside) pics (NO OTHER CAR). I asked him if it will be built and he then told me that the dealership owner went to a Las Vegas meeting a couple of weeks ago regarding existing and future products and was told by DCX officials that the CHALLENGER was already approved by DCX "on the inside" ... but that the official and public word will come at a latter date "for strategic reasons". He also told me "same drivetrain as the Charger" and "you will have your car by fall 2007". He then asked for my name and phone number and told me he will call me as soon as I can order one!

I know! I know! RUMORS...RUMORS..but there is no smoke without a fire!:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts