Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
PRICE DROP - $800

I'm selling a set of SRT Alcoa Forged wheels off a 2010 Challenger SRT8. 3 of the wheels are in great condition, 1 with slight rash. I'm tried getting them on my 2012 Challenger RT and they rubbed the front control arm. I'm looking for a quick turnaround. PM/email for pics. [email protected].

Will ship at buyers expense. I will work on getting pictures on this post tonight, but can send them to you anytime.

I am located in NH for local pickup.

***Please see below for a post with pictures***

Thanks,

Josh

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
178 Posts
Did you try wheel spacers? From what I've read on here, they are almost always a necessity when putting SRT wheels on an RT.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'm currently looking into it but my wheel guys made it seem that its a terrible idea and my lugs will be loose and potentially come off...don't know how true this is...but it scared me. I'm talking to speedlogix about it now as I would love to keep the wheels and not have safety/potentially damaging issues.

·
Registered
48 Posts
You need these:
3mm Hub Centric Spacers

I have SRT8 wheels on my RT and had rubbing in the front but only in reverse. I haven't had any issues running these either. Not sure what your wheel guy was talking about unless he's used to dealing with 1" spacers, these are only 3mm so not a big deal.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Here are some pictures of the wheels while I take the next few days to decide what to do. Feel free to make an offer. The deal does include TPMS as well. Please see the pictures that 3 of the wheels are in great condition and 1 has some very minor rash that I included some close ups of.

The 3rd picture is the wheel with the rash, and the 5th is a close up.

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
So I can't find a wheel shop that will even touch my car with spacers, so these are straight up for sale. Included is another picture of all 4, this is when I received them and they were pretty dirty, lots of brake dust/smudges/ext, I since cleaned them up as seen in the above pictures and they look great now. Price drop to $800, and I will be pretty firm on that, but will make a deal with shipping.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
PM Sent

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
OK guys, I listened to some advise on the forums, met with a local RT owner with the Alcoa swap and was pointed in the right direction to a shop that has no issues with spacers. I have a 3MM spacer from BT that I will be trying out this week. If the spacers are safe and the fitment of the wheels are great with plenty of stud left for the lugs and no potential issues in the future, then I will remove this post. I really hate the idea of spacers but love these wheels.

If the spacers could cause issues sale is pending to GregD. Thanks for being cool about it man!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts