Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if this is happened to anyone. Yesterday I took my ride in for it's first oil change. I have / had a custom tune on it, when I pulled up the service guy plugged something into the port where I plug my tuner into. Anyway driving home I noticed that my car isn't as responsive as it was, definitely confirmed it this morning on my way to work.

What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Man Thats sucks, sorry to hear that. You should always revert back to stock.. I'm pretty sure he flashed the computer. I'm not sure what steps have to be taken but I'm pretty sure ur tuner is now locked and won't be able to link up with ur new flashed pcm(?) ..not 100% sure though

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Only one way to tell. Hook your tuner up and see if you can connect to the PCM with it. Do something simple like change the top speed limiter or something. If it lets you do it, you are good to go.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, hooked up the computer and loaded my custom tune and bingo, power restored!

I know now to detune it before oil changes. It's funny with R/T I never detuned it before oil changes and I never lost my tune.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I'm going in for the timing change recall next week and I'm taking out my tune AND telling them don't reflash my computer. I own this vehicle not Dodge or a bank !

Reactions: ffpm46

·
Registered
38 Posts
When I took my car in for an oil change I told the service rep don't flash anything(I don't have a tuner but I have always used auto stick and my car shifts fast and hard and didn't want that to change). I didn't care what updates Dodge wanted uploaded they did not have my permission to do so.
The service rep said no problem and he would make sure it didn't happen. He then asked me if I wanted the passenger seat airbag connector checked(recall). I asked if the seat had to come out and cover partially removed. He said yes. Told them to not touch it. My wife had this issue w/her Sebring and the seat cover never fit the same.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Thanks guys, hooked up the computer and loaded my custom tune and bingo, power restored!

I know now to detune it before oil changes. It's funny with R/T I never detuned it before oil changes and I never lost my tune.
You got lucky. They did not flash it. If they did, the tuner would not have worked on the car.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, that's what I was told to by my tuner. The weird thing is there was definitely a difference in my ride, it wasn't nearly as strong as it was, and once I through it on the tuner and loaded my custom tune Bam power back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts