Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
No

I don't like the way they look. They are too big....looks like a "duck bill." I DO LIKE the fact that they have ducts that blow air on my Brembo's. If you have Brembo's...get one. If you are putting one on for looks.....NO.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't like the way they look. They are too big....looks like a "duck bill." I DO LIKE the fact that they have ducts that blow air on my Brembo's. If you have Brembo's...get one. If you are putting one on for looks.....NO.
Thank for your reply i dont have brembos.....

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
It was the first mod I planned on doing. Love the look. But then I lowered mine on H&R's and if I put one on now it'll end up getting ripped off.

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
My Blacktop RT ...

hit a speed bump too fast...and I scraped it. That car was not lowered. Now I am even more careful because this cars' chin is even lower....and I have not lowered my car yet. IMO, they look like crap.

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
I put an SRT front spoiler on my '09 Challenger. I like just the look.

I now have a '13 Challenger and have no thoughts of changing the front spoiler, even though I think the SRT spoiler looks better. Let's just say changing them is a major pain in the arse.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Don't listen to anyone above as they have no experience in this....put it on. Mine was done at Steve White Motors and the results are quite remarkable. The car looks great instead of the little chin spoiler for a 12 year old. Your car will cut right through highway winds and you'll also get 2mpg on the highway and 1 mpg around town.

Put one on and you'll actually pass on lowering it anyhow.....it you lower then you just have to be carefully when parking it towards the curb. These are pretty easy compared to my B6 Alpina spoiler.

It's a conversion/update you will really appreciate...worth every single penny. Dodge did a great job on the design...all you need is the spoiler and the two side pieces....you don't need anything else except a dealer that knows how to do these and the factory tools and clips.

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
R/T Chin spoiler

I do know a lot of R/T owners are putting on the SRT8 chin spoiler on there cars 2008 thru 2011.

Who cares what other people think...Hell it's your car...Putting it on SXT...That would look sweet. !!

Am upgrading to a 392 chin spoiler real soon...I think they look Bad Ass ! :browsmiley:

Google "<I wanna get banned if I do this again... love Bernie>" ..There a how to do video on there. :thumbsup:

BTW...Luke with Steve White Motors has a write up on how to install too...Do a forum search.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Snowkitty thanks.......Stay warm in Hot' Lanta...I used to DJ in the early 70's on WRAS !! Used to hang with the A.R.S. back in the day when Peaches was open......

The spoiler makes huge difference on this car...you will feel it immediately on the road, it will take the nose down on the highway, you will have zero wind channeling from 18 wheelers....to the nay sayers I can only imagine them in a SRT saying "I love the car but that front spoiler has to go!" Yeah right, whatever.

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,221 Posts

My sxt,I like the look of the chin spoiler about 130 bucks and a few hours of my time to install

·
Registered
375 Posts
The car looks great instead of the little chin spoiler for a 12 year old. Your car will cut right through highway winds and you'll also get 2mpg on the highway and 1 mpg around town.
That is funny. I'd love to see your imperial evidence on the subject of making something less aerodynamic but more fuel efficient.

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,817 Posts
Don't listen to anyone above as they have no experience in this....put it on. Mine was done at Steve White Motors and the results are quite remarkable. The car looks great instead of the little chin spoiler for a 12 year old. Your car will cut right through highway winds and you'll also get 2mpg on the highway and 1 mpg around town.

Put one on and you'll actually pass on lowering it anyhow.....it you lower then you just have to be carefully when parking it towards the curb. These are pretty easy compared to my B6 Alpina spoiler.

It's a conversion/update you will really appreciate...worth every single penny. Dodge did a great job on the design...all you need is the spoiler and the two side pieces....you don't need anything else except a dealer that knows how to do these and the factory tools and clips.

Please tell us your kidding about the MPG savings.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,817 Posts
Snowkitty thanks.......Stay warm in Hot' Lanta...I used to DJ in the early 70's on WRAS !! Used to hang with the A.R.S. back in the day when Peaches was open......

The spoiler makes huge difference on this car...you will feel it immediately on the road, it will take the nose down on the highway, you will have zero wind channeling from 18 wheelers....to the nay sayers I can only imagine them in a SRT saying "I love the car but that front spoiler has to go!" Yeah right, whatever.

Nose down? Zero wind channeling? Are you an aerodynamic engineer? Just wondering.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
638 Posts
That is funny. I'd love to see your imperial evidence on the subject of making something less aerodynamic but more fuel efficient. Your kidding right?????????

I think you'll need to call Dodge and ask them why they designed the SRT that way with the front and rear spoilers.

On the Highway from Steve White Motors the car did 2mph better in the SE at 70 mph average and around town I get 1 mpg combined.

Aerodynamics same as Planes... Trains & Automobiles.......there are a lot of lurkers laughing at your posts.

I'd love to see your imperial evidence on the subject of making something aerodynamic is less fuel efficient.

I suggest you research the racing and design team history of Chrysler/Dodge and what impact they had automobile aerodynamics of their race cars starting in the early days.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have a 2013 Redline that I put the SRT chin spoiler on. IMO I think it looks a lot better then the standard one. One thing I can tell you is that it is a major undertaking to replace the stock chin spoiler as you have to remove the front bumper cover assy. No way around it unless you want to damage the urethane cover. The top of the chin spoiler is held in by the lower grill. Also if you want to do it right you will need to buy more that the chin spoiler itself to make it functional. You will need a bunch of POM rivets, the left and right closure pieces (these fill the gap between the chin spoiler and the inner splash shield) and the SRT belly pan with the cooling ducts. Keep in mind you will have to modify the right side cooling duct with a heat gun as it hits the receiver/dryer for the a/c system on the V6 cars. This applies to 2011 and newer cars only as the 2010 and older cars use a different spoiler. Hope this info helps.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts