Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a set of stock headers from a 6.1L SRT8 I can do 250 shipped. Also have SRT8 full exhaust for someone in the Houston area if interested.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Just so folks looking know. The headers are not all rusty like this photo.

NDR has sand blasted the flat gasket area and cleaned them up nice. They look a lot better than this in real life. No rust at all.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Long story short, Yes. However, you need a set of SRT8 mid pipes and either must adapt the cat back to those or use a SRT8 stock or aftermarket catback. You have to buy new bolts and gaskets as they are not the same.

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Just wanted to add. The header swap is really worth it. The stock 5.7L headers are total crap. I actually went with JBA shorties, but the SRT headers are fantastic too, if I wasn't already locked into R/T diameter mid-pipes and cat-back I would go for the SRT headers and start from there.

Your stock mid-pipe / cats won't fit without some work - slight size difference. You can make it happen, but it wasn't where I wanted to go. The stock SRT mid-pipe / cats and cat-back will fit of course.

If it were me, I'd put the SRT headers and SRT mid-pipes on and go for a cat-back that fits the SRT diameter pipes. Then get a custom tune, you'd get a reasonable bump in HP (should break the 400HP at the crank), and with a tune would find the car a lot better all around.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Forgot to add I do have a set of Midpipes I would be willing to sell.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts