Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone...I'm new to this forum and I hope that y'all don't mind my question. I have an AEV Jeep Wrangler that had the hemi swap...thus I have the 6.4 hemi in my Jeep and just converted it from auto to a 6-speed manual. It is not a Challenger but it has the Challenger SRT8 engine.

Sound file (no video just audio): Exhaust - YouTube

It has a custom tuned Flowmaster muffler (with smaller resonator muffler) from AEV (American Expedition Vehicles). It sounds good but with that engine I wouldn't mind it sounding even better. AEV says to simply remove the smaller more anterior resonator muffler although I may have some droning...others who seem knowledgeable say to remove the rear muffler and go straightpipe (or change to different rear muffler). These Jeeps are single exhaust apparently mainly due to not wanting too much heat with dual exhaust and for available space.

Again I hope you don't mind me asking a Jeep question but since it has the SRT8 engine I thought this cousin of the Challenger wouldn't mind the question. Would you do anything or should I leave alone? Am I going to end up messing up backpressure issues?

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I would love to go for a ride.

Hated jeeps because they got lousy gas mileage and no power at all.

6.4 in a wrangler would be fun. you do know the 6.4 is in the Cherokee station wagon also right?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I was aware but I figured this would be the more interested and interesting forum to ask the question. My gas mileage is not great...anywhere from 9.5 to 12.5 based on how I drive. I of course didn't do this for the gas mileage, although it is my daily driver.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Unless you're drag racing it, you probably wouldn't notice back-pressure loss anyway. and even if you were, in my opinion it is negligible. Sound improves greatly, I would say go for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts