Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is all the leather/suede srt8 interior all the same? I've been looking at 2010 srt8's but all seem to have the same leather and suede interior. I love the all leather interior that was in my R/T (full leather seats, and leather door panels)

Didn't know if I should stop wasting my time looking for all leather interior, and just settle with the leather and suede.

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Only ones with all leather in SRTs are the 2011 IE 392s and 2010 Fuschias. All others 2008-2011 have the suede combo. You can buy some R/T leathers off of takeoffparts and swap out the seats but I like he suede IMO because it keeps yer butt planted to the seat.

·
Banned
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only ones with all leather in SRTs are the 2011 IE 392s and 2010 Fuschias. All others 2008-2011 have the suede combo. You can buy some R/T leathers off of takeoffparts and swap out the seats but I like he suede IMO because it keeps yer butt planted to the seat.
Thanks for the reply, If that's all that is out there for the srt8's i'm fine with it, I just didn't know if I should look for an all leather

·
Super Moderator
15,963 Posts
Same interiors, except for the Spring Specials (PCP, DY, B5) those got the matching seatback stripe with the paint color.

The aforementioned FF, IE White, IE DBW editions got the all-leather seats as standard.

The '11 GWE SRT8 will have the suede/leather with the green stripe.

Otherwise its the microfiber suede/leather with the Hemi Orange stripe as standard SRT interior.

·
Registered
978 Posts
"settle" for the leather/suede?? I wouldn't want the car WITHOUT it!

All leather is cool and all, but plain looking. Plus it's too hot in the summer, too cold in the winter, and doesn't keep you planted because it's slippery.

A+ in terms of retro styling, but I'll take my modern interior over the 70's look.

I was actually considering an R/T before I bought my car (since we all know theyre close in performance) but knew I'd regret not getting the SRT interior.

Even little touches like the carbon fiber wrapped door pulls and the 300km/h speedo were enough to make me bubblier than when I sat in the R/T.

Anyway...

·
Banned
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"settle" for the leather/suede?? I wouldn't want the car WITHOUT it!

All leather is cool and all, but plain looking. Plus it's too hot in the summer, too cold in the winter, and doesn't keep you planted because it's slippery.

A+ in terms of retro styling, but I'll take my modern interior over the 70's look.

I was actually considering an R/T before I bought my car (since we all know theyre close in performance) but knew I'd regret not getting the SRT interior.

Even little touches like the carbon fiber wrapped door pulls and the 300km/h speedo were enough to make me bubblier than when I sat in the R/T.

Anyway...

I didn't mean to offend anybody, I really liked the retro look of the all leather, mimics the 70 challenger interior. Not a big fan of the Red stripe also, it just doesn't really fit anywhere in a Black car. I will be happy none the less, just wanted to know what else was out there.

thanks for the input guys, I hope to be a part of the srt8 community by next week :)

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
There's a reason why they placed suede on the inserts of the seats, it's to keep you planted in the seats when you corner hard. Heard this at the SRT Track Experience. Makes sense when you think about it, plus you don't sweat as much on this material either.

·
Banned
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There's a reason why they placed suede on the inserts of the seats, it's to keep you planted in the seats when you corner hard. Heard this at the SRT Track Experience. Makes sense when you think about it, plus you don't sweat as much on this material either.
that does make sense, I do slide in the leather

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Same interiors, except for the Spring Specials (PCP, DY, B5) those got the matching seatback stripe with the paint color.

The aforementioned FF, IE White, IE DBW editions got the all-leather seats as standard.

The '11 GWE SRT8 will have the suede/leather with the green stripe.

Otherwise its the microfiber suede/leather with the Hemi Orange stripe as standard SRT interior.
I thought the black got the red stripes?

I do know the 2010 HO's got the orange stripe though.

·
Banned
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I thought the black got the red stripes?

I do know the 2010 HO's got the orange stripe though.

on the srt i'm looking at is Black with red stripes

·
Registered
100 Posts
Didn't know if I should stop wasting my time looking for all leather interior, and just settle with the leather and suede.
Technically speaking, suede IS leather. ;)

·
Super Moderator
15,963 Posts
Technically speaking, suede IS leather. ;)
The material on the SRT center panels (and door inserts) is synthetic micro-fiber material (aka: Alcantara). Only the side bolsters are leather as well as the steering wheel covering and on 6-speeds, the shifter boot.

The center panels are not a natural animal hide - you clean that using upholstery shampoo, no leather cleaning products or conditioners on the center panels or you'll have mess on your hands with oily stains on that simulated suede material.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts