Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
greeting...

guys im going to modify my srt8 2013 ill buy

aFe Power 51-12172 MagnumFORCE Stage-2 Si PRO DRY S Intake System

Cat back Slp Loud Mouth 1 " i wont remove the catalic"

Pulleys ATI Super Damper 17% Overdrive Harmonic Balancer

how much RWHP its going to give me...around?

any advise before i place the order?

i wont tune my car cuzz that will void the warranty immediately ...

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts
You should also get a speedlogix strut brace right away. If you add that to the mods you mentioned you can get up to 5.8 hp

1,931 Posts
greeting...

guys im going to modify my srt8 2013 ill buy

aFe Power 51-12172 MagnumFORCE Stage-2 Si PRO DRY S Intake System

Buy an LMI True CAI and you will pickup a few real HP..

Cat back Slp Loud Mouth 1 " i wont remove the catalic"

Little or no HP gain but I hope you like drone....

Pulleys ATI Super Damper 17% Overdrive Harmonic Balancer

Save this for later...

how much RWHP its going to give me...around?

any advise before i place the order?

i wont tune my car cuzz that will void the warranty immediately

Tuning will give you 10 times what any of the above will do and not void your warranty..

·
Registered
545 Posts
I think what they are trying to say in a horrible way is that the first mod should be the tune. I bought my trinity for 300 off of craigslist....STEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've heard mixed results with the cai, but who knows (well someone) bigger tires or slicks will help out a lot too, the 255 stockers are wheel hop nightmares. I am running 295/40r20's and getting no hop, paid about 355 for a set of 2. I bet your not getting the most out of the hp you have yet, I don't think I am. If I could run dr's all day I would.....

throttle body has had good results too for gains, not great but if you pair the cai, tb and the exhaust with a tune you should be cooking with fire!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Nothing wrong with a cold air intake, it's worth it just for the looks. Now the 1200 exhaust and pulley those are not in my opinion. Just get some different mufflers welded in and save yourself a lot of money. Tune is the best bang for the buck.

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
It's smaller so it's supposed to make it rev quicker.
i think this is other way around; it is larger, so it spins at a lower rpm;

because the circumference of the pulley is greater, the engine has to work less to drive the accessories (works same as a bicycle)

as such there is less parasitic loss from driving oil, water and steering pump as well as alternator by 17%.....

less parasitic loss means more HP to the crank

however it has been said, all of the accessories spin at a lower speed, hence why most will need to raise with a tune the idling by a couple of hundreds rpm or whatever the number works

Cheers :icon_cheers:

ODP

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
i think this is other way around; it is larger, so it spins at a lower rpm;

because the circumference of the pulley is greater, the engine has to work less to drive the accessories (works same as a bicycle)

as such there is less parasitic loss from driving oil, water and steering pump as well as alternator by 17%.....

less parasitic loss means more HP to the crank

however it has been said, all of the accessories spin at a lower speed, hence why most will need to raise with a tune the idling by a couple of hundreds rpm or whatever the number works

Cheers :icon_cheers:

ODP
A larger crank pulley will spin the same rate as a small pulley as it is on the crank (determined by engine RPM). The difference is the large pulley will move the belt farther as its circumference is greater. This would spin the accessories faster.
Under drive pulleys either have larger accessory diameters or smaller crank diameters. Usually easier to just change one pulley (the crank pulley) than several accessory pulleys.
Using your bicycle comparison, a lager sprocket driving a smaller sprocket = higher speed and harder to peddle. A small sprocket driving a large sprocket is slower and easier to peddle.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
What he has listed is a harmonic dampener not a pulley.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Personally...., I would wait until I could do a little cam and head work if I were wanting to stay NA. I have a stock exhaust system and I’m pushing 675+ RWHP so I don't really see a benefit in replacing the system unless you want unhappy neighbors.

KW

1 - 16 of 16 Posts