Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, am very new into this..so pls help me take a decision..am amazed with this car after driving a srt8.. planning to buy a new one.. But pls help me choose between SRT8 and R/T. It will be around 1-2 hours daily use car for me. help me make a practical decision. I like the thrill of driving them but also dont wanna end up having trouble with spending too much for gas/spares.. am gonna buy it in Dubai, UAE. Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
The R/T is awesome, the SRT8 is more awesome. If you can afford the SRT8 then get one, no one ever regrets it :)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Hey guys, am very new into this..so pls help me take a decision..am amazed with this car after driving a srt8.. planning to buy a new one.. But pls help me choose between SRT8 and R/T. It will be around 1-2 hours daily use car for me. help me make a practical decision. I like the thrill of driving them but also dont wanna end up having trouble with spending too much for gas/spares.. am gonna buy it in Dubai, UAE. Thanks in advance :)
The SRT8 is a Beast. I love mine!. That said it gets about 17MPG the way I drive it, City and stop and go HWY. The RT will do some better than that.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I looked real hard at both cars, and I since I wanted the classic look like my 73 Cuda, I went with R/T classic. Plus I drive 70 miles a day going to and from work, so the 24 MPG looked better plus the R/T does not require premium fuel. :icon_cool:

·
Registered
718 Posts
Definitely the SRT8, why are you worried about gas, gas is expensive in the US not in Dubai.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey Folks!
I don't know what happened on my recent road trip through the Ozarks, but I got 21 MPG in my 2009 SRT that is programed. Still can't figure it out..
Take care and God Bless
HT

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all ur replies guys :).. guess i'll go with the srt8 even though its a liiiil expensive for me! .. every ride should be an adventure :D

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
First, if you have to ask which one to buy the SRT8 is not for you. You would have already known this if you drove the cars. There is no comparison between the two cars. :saythat:

Second, You don't buy these cars (or at least I didn't) because they get great fuel economy, I bought it because I just plain fell in love with it. It took me back to the time I was a kid and could not afford one.

My advice is to drive them both and take home the one that fits your budget or, take home the one that tugs on your shoe. They're both great cars.

Reactions: 19johned53

·
Registered
9,798 Posts
IMO, never over extend yourself on any car purchase, don't care what it is.

It may "feel good" at the time, but that "feel good" doesn't last long when you have to get rid of it, or lose it.

·
Super Moderator
16,317 Posts
With the low(er) price of fuel in the UAE, that's not that much of a consideration.

Insurance rates will be a factor and the driving record/age of the driver...SRT models will have a higher insurance factor over the R/T.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I test drove both, almost bought the R/T, but ended up with the SRT8. It's too bad I can't use it to its full potential, though. There are times I wish I would have got the R/T, but those times are few and far between.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm very happy with my R/T.

I've never driven an SRT8; I guess I should keep it that way so I continue to remain happy with my R/T. :wink2:

·
Registered
550 Posts
I've driven both and went with the R/T...at the time the dealership gave me a killer deal and weren't budging on the SRT. With minimal money and effort I was able to put my R/T into the 12's at the track and in the end I only want to be a 11.50 car and the R/T can get me there. Do I love what the SRT is about... ABSOLUTELY....just not what I needed at the time....doesn't mean I won't get one in the future!!!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
9,798 Posts
After almost three years, I'm still loving my R/TC. Never planned on hitting the strips or road coursing it, and the looks of the R/TC just nailed it for me.

Could have bought either, but it came down to looks, ride quality, and how my buttocks felt it the seats..............went with the R/TC and have ZERO regrets.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts