Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 1020 SRT8 Rims with Goodyear eagle RS-A 245-45-R20 on ebay for a good price, but they dont clear the front upper suspension arms.

Is a spacer the best fix?

Are the suspension parts differient on the SRT8 vs the SE to allow for this wheel tire combo?

Thanks

·
Registered
574 Posts
So you have the SE? Would you mind posting pics once you get it on your car? I've seen it on the SE before but I would like to see it again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any idea why it works on your car, and its touching on mine? What size tires are you using in the front?

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
here is a picture of my car with the 255/45-20 F1s on the front with stock alcoa rims. it is very close, but does not touch or rub the steering knuckle.

i have a little more room with the 245/45-20s.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, that is close, I turned the wheel all the way in both directins and it touches the tire, I didnt look at it when the wheel was turned to the center. The car isnt here, I will look at it on Monday

Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
the knuckle turns with the wheel, so why would it rub against it in any position? maybe the tire rubs the wheel well or somewhere else when turning left or right. take another look.

some guys use a 3mm (1/8") spacer on the front when they have rubbing issues. anymore than 3mm will move the rim off of the hub and ride on just the lugs. not the safest thing for the street.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The rim/tire doesnt rub, except when I am backing up and turning the wheel hard. Not sure what is going on here,I have wait for the rain to stop to crawl under the car.

The Magnum forums complained about this a well.

·
Super Moderator
13,966 Posts
For what it's worth, the SRT engineers have stated that you should go no wider than a P245 on the front to avoid suspension clearance problems under hard cornering.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Will the 20 inch alcoa forged rims with 245 on the front and 255 on the back fit on a se(with the srt suspension swapped into it)

·
Registered
536 Posts
If you look at my Avatar you will see that I have the SRT wheels...There is a slight rubbing issue in the front when I turn the wheel to the left when I'm backing up. I will most likely get some spacers to fix this issue (its not a big deal). Having SRT suspension isnt going to be an issue as well if you have the Alcoa wheels.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts