Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Width of SRT8 392 stripes?

Does anyone know the width of the SRT8 392 (2011+) stripes? I know they taper down from the top of the hood to the nose and I 'm not sure , but I think they taper on the trunk too? Also, are they spaced 1" apart? I did a search of the forum, and the question has been asked, but never answered. I also checked the local dealer, but they didn't have one with stripes on the lot.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In addition, I don't know if they continue tapering down from the nose to the bottom of the bumper? Some pictures look like they do, others don't.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Search eBay. Some merchants show a pattern of the Challenger dual stripes on their listing.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found this on Ebay, but it doesn't give dimensions.

And also found this, again, no dimensions.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
We'll, now you know there is a taper in the front ;)

Ask the seller what is the gap width, and what are the measurements of the hood/bumper stripes at the leading and trailing sections.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I went to the dealer yesterday that had 2 SRT8's and measured the car from bumper to bumper. Rear is 9 1/2" below the license plates to 10 1/4" on the roof, down to 8" at the bottom of the front bumper. Nothing better than visiting the dealer at 11pm...lol. Nice of them toleave it under the lights at the front door too.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
I bet you are on surveillance camera, too...sprawled all over the top of the car with a measuring tape in hand :D

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They'll probably watch it and say "what the hell is this guy doing??" I had a cloth tape measure and a pad of paper...haha. Sheriff even drove by and didn't stop

1 - 9 of 9 Posts