Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i install the stock srt8 suspension on my se will it lower it to the srt's height or will it sit higher because i have a lighter engine then the srt8 ? thanks in advance for any help or info you could give me

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
if i install the stock srt8 suspension on my se will it lower it to the srt's height or will it sit higher because i have a lighter engine then the srt8 ? thanks in advance for any help or info you could give me
Should ultimately sit lower from what I have read. Probably won't notice it until it settles in.

·
Registered
711 Posts
it will sit at the height, give it a week as it will settle, but you WILL be glad you did it. I am, it tightens up the handling SOOOO much.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have to ask, how much work is involved and what would need to be changed to replace a SE suspension with an SRT suspension?
It sounds like an awful lot of work and expense on a new car.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Hopefully you can get the springs on the struts/shocks.... otherwise that's more cost... unless you want to deal with spring compressors..... bleh.

Ghost, your paint isn't wearing so good on the black panels.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i just got my srt8 suspension from a fellow forum member , as soon as i install i will post pictures , im going just with the srt8 stock struts and springs , i am also installing the srt8 sways , now all i need is 20s .

·
Banned
3,777 Posts
Ghost, your paint isn't wearing so good on the black panels.
LOL - that was a skim coat to see if I liked the look - I have the new front end and all of the other parts for GHOST Version III sitting in the spare room and will repaint the lowers correctly when I install the Mopar splash guards with the front end

·
Registered
2010 Challenger SE
717 Posts
Did mine for real cheap, Thanks Jeff! I owe you big my friend! I did all the labor myself and got a 4 wheel alignment for $100.00 . It handles like it's on rails. Here are some before and afters.Speedy's Garage click on this link it was a great help. Thanks Speedy!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
looks great I was afraid the front would stick up too high, so I did the hacksaw on the stock springs. Looking at your car, looks like the SRT springs work just fine.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Yes he did, from the old thread IIRC it worked out pretty well.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
That effectively changes the spring rate. Making it lighter (softer).
that is funny, and I know it sounds strange,:scratchhead: but removing coils from springs increase the spring rate in direct linear proportion to working coils before vs after. Crazy I know, works great for cheapskates. IMO the cut springs are just about right on spring rate as this is a daily driver and I did it more for looks, but I can say the ride is tight boarder line on jarring. My other ride is a complete road race setup so I know what crazy ride harshness is like.

I would say IMO, my ride is slightly low for my taste. But ahem you can't add coils back...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thinking about also doing a full SRT suspension in the sping. Going to mount the SRT springs and shocks together so I can switch between Stock shocks with lowering springs and the full SRT setup. I was also worried about the ride height with the full replacement but from what I read, it seems to be about the same 2in drop from stock SE ride. Is there any instructions on how to install the front sway bar?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Can I just add the SRT sway bars? I like the ride and ride height, but want to take some of the "sway" out of the cornering.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
hate to say this, but IMO, the car needs far more rear bar, if fact a massive rear bar will help, just look to see what Dodge does with police packs. Yep fat rear bar....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts