Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just signed up for the August session in NJ.....anyone already been? what can I expect?

I have been to several Skip Barber driving sessions, wonder if it is similiar...

thanks.

2011 Billet Silver 392 6 speed
2007 Black Jeep SRT8

·
Super Moderator
14,738 Posts
I just signed up for the August session in NJ.....anyone already been? what can I expect?QUOTE]

Don't go to Old Bridge (Englishtown)! They have a great dragstrip but a horrible autocross track. It is small and the surface is very rough in some areas (especially the hair-pin turns. This results in much slower speeds. The professional drivers told me that it is the WORST track that they drive on in the nation.

I would cancel the reservation and reschedule for NJ Motor Sport Park (Millville, NJ) or Pocono (PA). The additional driving time to get there will be well worth it.

It is a once in a liftetime opportunity and you will want to get the most out of it. I went to Old Bridge (convenient location) and regretted it. I still had fun, but it could have been so much better.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm looking to know what models they are running this year (i.e., the 2011 392 Chally, the 2012 Charger SRT8 and 300C SRT8 maybe ???, the 2010 Jeep SRT8 most likely). I couldn't find anything in a search. Anyone have confirmation?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just signed up for the August session in NJ.....anyone already been? what can I expect?QUOTE]

Don't go to Old Bridge (Englishtown)! They have a great dragstrip but a horrible autocross track. It is small and the surface is very rough in some areas (especially the hair-pin turns. This results in much slower speeds. The professional drivers told me that it is the WORST track that they drive on in the nation.

I would cancel the reservation and reschedule for NJ Motor Sport Park (Millville, NJ) or Pocono (PA). The additional driving time to get there will be well worth it.

It is a once in a liftetime opportunity and you will want to get the most out of it. I went to Old Bridge (convenient location) and regretted it. I still had fun, but it could have been so much better.

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
I'm looking to know what models they are running this year (i.e., the 2011 392 Chally, the 2012 Charger SRT8 and 300C SRT8 maybe ???, the 2010 Jeep SRT8 most likely). I couldn't find anything in a search. Anyone have confirmation?
When I went to TMS in March, they had 2 392 Challengers, 6.1 Challengers, 2010 Jeeps, 300C and Chargers. They also had a couple of 2011 R/T (Track Pak or STP) for comparison. They change the cars throughout the year so may be different now.

Also they started a Facebook page (which I don't do) and "Hammer" has posted on a forum recently and responded to questions. I don't remember if it is this forum.

·
Registered
211 Posts
When I went to TMS in March, they had 2 392 Challengers, 6.1 Challengers, 2010 Jeeps, 300C and Chargers. They also had a couple of 2011 R/T (Track Pak or STP) for comparison. They change the cars throughout the year so may be different now.

Also they started a Facebook page (which I don't do) and "Hammer" has posted on a forum recently and responded to questions. I don't remember if it is this forum.
^^Thanks, man:bigthumb: I don't do Facebook either. Looking forward to hearing if they update the cars moving forward. I go in mid-June. Bringing a good friend (and Camaro SS owner) and would love to drive the latest. I see you have a GC SRT8. My friend never got the chance to drive mine before I sold it, so he's really looking forward to launching that beast at the Experience.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
From their Facebook page, it looks like they just added 2 vipers for daytona.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I went to fontana last month. Its a blast. Not a lot of instruction. You do autocross, a pursuit style race (not sure what its called) which are both competitions. And a morning session of a driving on a road course and an afternoon session (got up over 100mph there). Lots of fun.

They did have two vipers, but those were only for hotlaps with the instructors at the end of the day, which I highly reccomend.

Defintly a great time.

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
I see you have a GC SRT8. My friend never got the chance to drive mine before I sold it, so he's really looking forward to launching that beast at the Experience.
I have to say as much as I like the other SRTs, driving the GC SRT8 on the road course was the most fun. Something about running like that in a SUV just doesn't seem natural.:bigthumb: We only got one run in the GC on the autocross so tell him to make the most of it.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
We are headed to Ft Worth, TX in OCT!

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
We are headed to Ft Worth, TX in OCT!
Was there in March and it was so windy it was blowing the cones over. But great time regardless.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts