Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving home today my radio just stopped working (no sound)...the screen still worked fine...tried everything. Turned the radio off and back on and still no sound...turned motor off and turned the ACC on still no sound...opened the door like I was exiting the car and then shut the door turned the ACC back on and it worked again. Opening the door seems to have been the fix?
My car is a '12 and have had it a year with no probs. thought maybe amps got hot?

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
By opening the door it cuts power to the radio. Just needed a power cycle.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had it turned up pretty loud right before...the music had a lot of constant bass and that's why I thought it might have got hot or flipped out for some reason. Lol

·
Registered
273 Posts
The amplifier probably got hot and shut itself down. That happens to me if I play the stereo at 95% volume for 45 minutes. I have to cycle the ignition to get the sound back. You have to wait sometimes for it to cool off.:rocker:

·
Registered
1 Posts
hot amps

play stereo loud
after 15 mins, no sound thru speakers.
turning off car, exit the vehicle , reenter vehicle
restart car
now stereo works again.
definately seems like a hot amp symptom, goes into thermal sutdown..
r u freekin kidding me ???
53k for srt8 loaded with all the bells and whistles and they stick in a poorly designed amp??

can i replace with an ALPINE , just plug and play ??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts