Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, after recent build including LT headers and HF cats I'm still running OEM cat back to tips. Everything I'm seeing to this point seems to be aimed at RT w/2.5" pipes to the 3" and no drone with great idle and load note. I am wondering if you have a kit with the same results but not trashing the existing 3" stainless pipes but replacing OEM muffs and reso for the Solo units? If so, would this be a kit you will offer at CF2? Looking for info, thanks eric

·
Vendor
974 Posts
Hi Dodgetime. Your SRT-8 is a unique set up. What I would suggest is our SRT-8 3" MACH-X3 cat back exhaust kit (with or without tips). Since you have HF cats and headers this set up "might" be a bit too loud. After a test drive if it is too loud we could bring free flow resonators and try to splice them into the converter assembly's (we will be bringing a welder) to further calm the noise. We found with our Solo HF Cats that we needed these resonators to get the proper "sound quality." Please feel free to call or PM and if we need to bring any special product for you we can set up an appointment for Challengerfest! Thanks.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
appreciate the info Steve, seems like a slight dilema at the moment. No drone,great baritone note and less restriction no easy feat, I agree with your assessment and so I'm on the fence with it all at the mo. If you run into a similar config with good results on these points in future post up look forward to it, thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts