Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, looking for some advice on a few topics.
I bought a 08 SRT8 Challenger with 16,000 miles. The 3yr / 35k mile bumper to bumper warranty expires at the end of July. I was thinking of extending the warranty. Since the car is just a toy, I may drive it a little over 3000 miles per year. The Chrysler rep has offered a 6yr / 36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty, that is retro active to the date the car was bought by the original owner (July 2008) for a little less than $1500.00. It sounds to me like a good deal…$500 a year for bumper to bumper protection. Anyone every purchased this before?
Also, since I am looking at adding a CAI and a new Exhaust to it, I was the told the warranty dictates that in order to add these parts they must be manufactured by MOPAR and installed by a certified Dodge Challenger mechanic. The parts department at the dealership gave me the pricing out of the MOPAR catalog.. $1700 for the Exhaust and about $300 for CAI….neither includes labor. Any ideas on this as well would be welcome.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Only your 2nd post so if your new welcome. You need to be carefull about the warranty you get. some have like $250 deductable that you pay for every thing you have go wrong, so if you have 4 problems you pay the first $1000. As far as the parts go, the dealership I go to says that any cat back unless it's the cause of your problem will not void the warranty. The CAI isn't covered but doesn't void the warranty unless it's oiled and the oil causes the throttle body freaks out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts