Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Well, I have to say after having a Charger SRT8, a Caliber SRT4 this SRT8 6 Speed Chally has been sweet!!!!! My biggest pet peeve however is the wheel hop. I ran into another 6 Speed owner recently who had this kit called a HOP NOT on his car. He said it didn't have wheel hop anymore so I drove it and oh my god!!!! NONE!!!!!! So, I want to get this kit, here is the web site:

HOP NOT WEBSITE

Does anyone on here have this on their SRT8? Feedback?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Does everyone have wheel hop every time? I have new tires "f1's" and at 34-35psi on a 6speed. I have lit the tires up quite a few times and have never noticed it. They will spin until I let off the gas. Have not ran it at a track though.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Here's my input. I bought my SRT8 6-speed in September 2010, and have yet to have a single episode of wheel hop. Initially, I was babying the car, just enjoying the ride, but as the newness wore off, my right foot got consecutively heavier. I've managed a 4.95 second 0-60 time and no wheel hop. I just got back from Challengerfest II and this car (two drivers) ran down the track a minimum of 20 times. There were zero episodes of wheel hop despite some spirited spin from my pastor.

Now, what I have NOT done yet is practice my burnouts. The economy being what it is, and the cost of tires these days, I'm not eager to waste a nice set of tires, but I've spun them several times on launch at the track and street, no wheel hop... ever. I don't plan to ever do public burnouts just to show off. I know what the car can do, and that's good enough for me.

A HopNot kit was VERY high on my list of "must do" mods, but I must say it is dropping down on the list every time my wheels spin without any hop. I see no sense in spending that kind of money and adding more weight to my already "well-endowed" second mistress. Mind you, I just ordered a nitrous kit last night, and that may change things considerably, but for now, no Hop Not for me...

Eager to hear what others experience.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts