Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2009 SRT8 Challenger and was wondering if the wheel hop issues have been fixed in the 2010's and 2011's . Sorry i haven't been on the forum for awhile. If they have been addressed what's been done to fix it by Chrysler. Yes i know about the HOP Not kit, but i would prefer to have Chrysler make it right for warranty purposes.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wheel Hop

Hi Jeff thanks for the reply. I'm not looking for the Hop Not Yet but just trying to find out if this problem has been fixed by Dodge. Anyone out there have any news regarding wheel hop. I find it hard to beleive that a 400 plus HP muscle car cannot spin the tires without the cradle feeling like it's going to explode. The manufacturer should fix this, not us owners.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply. I hope more members will chime in. I'm curious to see what changes have been made, and how it effects the cradle.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
I've spun with(once) and without (several times) the "hop"
When it hopped it may have run over a lane marker to get it going
Easy to do even in first rolling at 10mph or so and then floor it
;-)

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
My 2010 has it too. Found out when someone pissed me off in traffic, and I took off a little too fast. It felt like the back wheels were going over rail road tracks. The traction control was on if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I've had the hop all over the place problem since I bought my 2009 Chally 6 Speed...it came with the F1s.....however since I have switched to the Hankook Ventus V12s a few months ago life has been so much better....actually I still drive the same but I have not had any bad wheel hop situations....I swear its the tires now....check these tires out guys.....they have been great and I can snatch 2 and third with out the hop.........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts