Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I’m happy to say I finally accomplished my master plan. 4 years ago I bought a new SRT8 6sp. I wanted to get the most power out of the stock internals. I achieved 583 whp and enjoyed it while putting time and miles on the motor. During the 4 years I purchased and installed all the bolt-ons (heads, blower, CCV system, studs, clutch, fuel rails etc) as my budget would allow me with the anticipation of using them for a forged stroker in the future. The car never left me stranded and I’m happy to say I feel like I got my money’s worth out of it. Adam, from ST performance has guided me along the way and kept me out of trouble. After a health scare I decided to pull the trigger on a new forged 393 short block. My car was only in the shop for 1 week, its unbelievable that they can turn a car around that fast. It put down 733 whp on 91 pump gas and 11lbs boost, my contract with ST was for 650 whp, boy did they deliver. The car actually drives better with the stroker and a 148mm TB then it did with the stock internals. Very mild with lots of throttle without going into boost.
So here’s some details of the build and some pictures and videos.

Sonic tested 6.1 block /10.1 compression ratio
CP forged blower pistons with SST napier ring set
Upgraded wristpins
3.7950 stroker crank
6.2000 billet H-beams
Custom comp blower cam
Upgraded timing chain
Cometic head gasket
ARP Head studs
17% ATI balancer
80lb ford racing injectors
Mcleod RXT clutch
BT fuel rails
Inertia Blower heads

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
176 Posts
Loving it Jeremy!!!

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Congrats nice Hot Rod!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Thats F'ing sweet!! Congratulations!!!

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice car nice build. Very clean build. How is that much horsepower on the street?
The horsepower is very manageable. My wife took it and the kids to her sisters on a 100 mile road trip in traffic. She had no problems, she said the car was same as before. She never went into boost but still, Thats what I like about the FI cars, good gas milage and you can have your cake and ice cream. I really don't think you could have a car with 850hp NA with these kinds of maners and gas millage.

Its hard to belive that with a 148mm TB it could be so easy to drive let alone idle right.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Very nice build! One of these days I would love to the same to my car. Man it is awesome. Nice dyno vid as well! Congrats man.

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Congrats are in order...

733 WHP is IMPRESSIVE. Are you going to replace the drive shaft and get new valve covers that show 392? (or 393)

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
The horsepower is very manageable. My wife took it and the kids to her sisters on a 100 mile road trip in traffic. She had no problems, she said the car was same as before. She never went into boost but still, Thats what I like about the FI cars, good gas milage and you can have your cake and ice cream. I really don't think you could have a car with 850hp NA with these kinds of maners and gas millage.
Its hard to belive that with a 148mm TB it could be so easy to drive let alone idle right.
(I know, I know. Thread from the dead. lol)
Yeah,...that is the great thing about these boosted cars, you can drive them like you're driving to Sunday and then on Monday, give the "go" pedal some loving. lol
That is a crazy huge TB. Insane. :icon_eek:
Awesome build man.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
(I know, I know. Thread from the dead. lol)
Yeah,...that is the great thing about these boosted cars, you can drive them like you're driving to Sunday and then on Monday, give the "go" pedal some loving. lol
That is a crazy huge TB. Insane. :icon_eek:
Awesome build man.

Thanks , I have not had any problems yet. I just drive it and enjoy it. Its kind of like the HULK or DR. Jeckle & Hyde but you control when the Monster comes out.

My stock axels and trans are holding up fine, even with my M/T drag radials.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts