Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK just had my procharger installed on my 2012 392 auto. I am getting 1-2 ST KNK a full WOT should I worry about this or is this normal?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So just got an email back from Johan and this was his response.

"that knock value is not bad at all, if the knock sensors are scaled
properly. It is normal to see up to 5 on tip in events and around town
driving, wot should have a little less."

Oh, and he responded back within 4 minutes.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yep, Johan's good like that, he's a good dude.
I had the same 1-2 KNK at WOT then I installed the meth kit. I have not seen any knock at WOT since. Part throttle around town driving I get .5 - 1.5 KNK sometimes.

Reactions: Flat Top

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
Right on. 1 or 2 deg is not bad at all. However
A deg is timing gone, and power LOST. Plain and simple. So if you pull 5 deg in timing, you just lost 50hp and if you run brackets you just lost your dial in and your going on the trailor home.
FlatTop

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, Johan's good like that, he's a good dude.
I had the same 1-2 KNK at WOT then I installed the meth kit. I have not seen any knock at WOT since. Part throttle around town driving I get .5 - 1.5 KNK sometimes.
Yeah it had me a little worried cause like you I'm running on stock internals and I have to wait to forge the car. Did you install the W/M kit yourslef or have a shop do it?

·
Registered
273 Posts
I installed it myself. If you plan to install a kit let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have been thinking about pulling the trigger on it. But gotta save up some cash since I just spent 7k on the SC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts