Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Myself and another local owner are meeting for breakfast on Feb. 19 and I'm trying to see if there is any interest to start a local chapter or if nothing else, just keep in touch with each other. We both live in Southern Illinois but are only 20 minutes from St. Louis. Although I see other Challengers from time to time, I don't personally know any other owner.

The meeting will be at Collinsville, IL Bob Evans, Friday Feb. 19 at 9:30 for an informal breakfast - spouses invited. Easy to find: Take 55 north from St. Louis to the 157 Collinsville exit. The Bob Evans is right there. If it is full up on a Saturday morning, there are several other restaurants nearby we could move to. If interested or if you just want to stay in touch, Please PM me

Ray

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well we had a nice, but small, get together for breakfast (two owners). Hopefully we can get a bigger turn out for our next meet and greet. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I'm in O'Fallon and the other owner is from Edwardsville. Where trying to get a list of local owners who might be interested in the occasional B-fast, car and coffee, etc

·
Registered
37 Posts
club

I would love to get a challenger club going but my only day free is Sunday, gotta work to support the spending money habit. But I would do any behind the scenes help, make flyers, etc. I see several challengers driving around in our subdivision and we always wave at each other so next time I will try and stop them.:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Interested in Challenger Meeting Group in St. Louis

This sounds like a great idea! I was hoping to find a group, which is why I signed up on here yesterday. Is there any advice on here about how to get a group going?

·
Registered
336 Posts
I am in for any info on gatherings. We had a group meet at Chuck a Burgers and Culver's in Arnold, MO last year and there are a few of us going to Challenger Fest 2 this year. Is there any other Missouri Challengers going to Bowling Green, KY? So far we have 70 stroker, 09Plym, 1 other non member, and myself. We are meeting a group coming in from the west in St. Louis and then traveling on to KY Friday morning (April 29th). I have a list of St. Louis/Illinois area owners that we could contact and try to get something started, but I tried last year and it was very hard to get people to show up for events. PM me if you would like the list!

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sent a PM to those here about an informal club

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
New try at get together...

The weather is great (when there are not Thunderstorms!) right now - I was wondering if anyone would be up for breaking some bread together and then going for a little cruise... I am open for suggestions, but here is my first thought:

1) Meet at a location in the morning for breakfast, possibly on the IL side
2) Cruise the Southern route out to Hermann, MO for a little schnitzel
3) Cruise back to St. Louis (possibly to Forrest Park?) to line them up and BS until you want to leave.

What do you think? I know we need a little more detail, but this is me writing at 5am, so it is arough draft!:notallthere:

I was thinking about doing this on a Sat or Sun in the next 3-4 wks.

Looking fad to your replies!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am free on Sundays would love to get together..I go to Collinsville late every Sun. morning to see daughter. Let me know when where and where we can cruise too...I don't have the red SE anymore I just have the black R/T. But am still interested.:)

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
I would be glad to join in July, my car will be out of the fab shop the second or third week of July.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Getting together - starting to take shape!

I am free on Sundays would love to get together..I go to Collinsville late every Sun. morning to see daughter. Let me know when where and where we can cruise too...I don't have the red SE anymore I just have the black R/T. But am still interested.:)
Ok - so it seems right now Sunday is the best day for 09 Plym and flybygranny - and I bet we can make that work. I think I will send a PM to the others on this thread.

If I am going to hang with you guys, I at least to get some cosmetic mods installed!!! :) I am loving what you have done to your cars! :thumbsup:

How do you like the idea of Breakfast, Cruise to Hermann for lunch (back roads), Cruise back to STL via I-70 to Forest Park?

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
glad to see this thread active again....
I do church on Sundays so Saturdays are better for me for any planned local stuff

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
I can do Friday afternoon, Saturday or Sunday. My car should be drivable in mid-July. I painted some parts this weekend and have to drop them off at the fabricators this afternoon. Still have an alignment and a dyno tune that I have to do before I can drive it. Due to some parts delay, it won't be back to me until after the fourth of July holiday.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Drive meet and greet

Guys - July has kind of gone to he'll in a hand basket! I have to pull back until mid to late August. Also, like Ray, I am church- bound on Sundays. My duties range from choir to facility security. Got to be there, not to mention that I am a complete heathen who needs to hear the word of God more than most!:notallthere:

So, I am now focused on either 2nd or 3rd Saturday in August,
morning trip to Hermann via south route, then back to STL Forrest Park to show off the cars.

Let me know who is in, and which week is desirable.

Thanks,
André

·
Banned
675 Posts
I'll be driving through st Louis tomorrow, I'll have my 65 olds on a trailer, I'll look for some of you guys

·
Banned
675 Posts
Alright I saw a Black 392 in the "Loop" Any takers?

Also Saw a white SE? maybe with strobes on the side and a hood scoop i've never seen before.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I will be gone the 12-14th of august to the mopar nationals in Columbus, Ohio so that is out for me..seems like we can't all get a free day together..Like I said my only day is Sunday for me...maybe someday we can get together. It was soo hot in Collinsville last Sunday and there wasn't as many cars as last year.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Gateway area Challenger owners, I am in the market for a new Challenger, what is the best dealer in the STL area (~50-75 mile radius from the city.) We just moved here so I am interested in your recommendations and also warnings.

Thanks
Brad C.

·
Registered
37 Posts
my 2 choices

Hi Brad, Welcome to the area. Here are the 2 dealerships I have dealt with, Marty Cancila, Florissent, Mo and Royal Gate Dodge in Ellisville,Mo. We have bought 4 challengers 2 from each dealership, 1st one is the one in my profile came from Royal Gate, Best car of the bunch we have bought, The second was a red SE from Marty Cancila it was a good car too, but I am going to tell you that Marty will wheel and deal, Royal Gate are stuff shirts and you have to pull teeth sometimes. One of the r/t's we bought from royal gate is a DOG!! yes I said it it has issues all the time it falls on it face alot it is a 2010 automatic. Sometimes it can't get out of its own way, has been in the shop alot. The one in my profile you can beat it up all day it is a 6 speed it will chirp the tires hard in 4 gears..It takes a licking and keeps on ticking and giving. I am just now having a window issue on the passenger side when you first open up in the morning it won't jump down so have to go around and put in neutral start car and put down the window go back and shut door and then back to up the window it is going in the shop next week, it only does it in the morning. My red s/e had the same issue only on both windows Cancila put in new window gears and it fixed it. Now the 2010 is doing the same thing on the passenger side so it is going in the shop..Now we traded the red car for a 2011 blackberry challie and so far it is great. it came from Marty Cancila. So choose your weapon both dealerships are good on car issues in their shops and good at standing behind the warranty. So look around and compare and go at the end of the month when they are trying to met their quota you get a better deal....Hope to see you on the flipside driving one they are awesome cars!!!! The 2011 SE with dual exhaust and extra horsepower and contols in steering wheel are pretty fast and get good gas mileage around 24. And they sound awesome almost like the r/t.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts