Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Long version:

Picked up a 2010 SRT8 auto in August and decided it needed some fine tuning. As I'm mainly a motorcycle guy (Ducati's primarily), I knew the best place to start was the net. I wanted to see which mods worked best and more importantly, which shops are best. It took me several years to find the best Ducati mechanic in Southern California, I hoped it was easier to find a good Dodge mechanic and performance shop.

A few weeks of research and a PM from Deuce led me to give Stack Performance a shot. After getting some wheels I needed the car lowered a bit. I also needed a better idea of which size tires would work the best. I emailed Ryan and received a response fairly quickly with my questions answered. Decided to have the car lowered and Chubby Pro sways installed at the same time.

I showed up a bit early and was quickly met by Tim. He told me he would be installing my parts and Ryan would be with me shortly. A couple of minutes later Ryan showed up and we walked out to my car. Ryan did a walk around and told me which size tires I would need after the springs went on.

Tim took my car almost immediately and I chilled in the lounge and surfed challengertalk on my 3g iPad (Ryan you need wifi :)). I popped my head out back from time to time to watch and it was easy to see that Tim knew exactly what he was doing and could probably install these parts in his sleep. No doing stuff twice, no looking at the car for a while to figure out what he needed to do, just a moderate, methodical pace that made it clear he knows every nut and bolt on these Challengers.

A bit later, a swipe of the plastic, and a handshake completed the visit.

Cool. The lowering springs took just enough of the gap out and the car still rode nice. I was a bit skeptical of the sway bars making much of an improvement as the SRT already has a decent setup. I was wrong of course. No more body roll. The car felt much more stable and "tight".

Well three weeks of vacation and some extra money burning a hole aren't a good combination so I ended up with visit number two (tonight) less then two weeks later. A thermostat, Diablo, Bullet intake, and CMR tune were next on the list. Another swipe of the plastic and handshake, and I ended up with 22HP more then I drove in with, better throttle response, smoother power delivery, and a thumps up from the seat of the pants dyno.

I also had the chance to talk with Ryan a bit. Nice to see a guy with old world type customer service who commands a shop that treats our cars as carefully as we do.

Already on the list before I left tonight: front and rear struts, x-brace, catch can, and wet tint the brake lens's.

Short version: Stack Performance gets a :thumbsup: from a picky customer.

Edit: Another member asked how the ride was and how the car was sitting. I can't tell any difference in ride quality from stock. I did have the Chubby pro's installed at the same time which made the car handle better. Here are a couple pics with the new springs, USW Crossover's, and Nitto Invo's.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
I too have had work done by Ryan and his wonderfully talented crew.
Just wanted to mirror your remarks on his operation saying they know how to treat a customer, Thanks Ryan and crew. (and the smile they "installed" to me is the icing).

I always dump on the "bad guys", but forget to thank the good ones.

·
Premium Member
4,031 Posts
Ryan and his crew are top shelf. I have had a lot of work done on my car by Ryan and his crew at Stack and I'm one happy camper and have sent many people his way.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Another Stack customer here, and I call Ryan a friend. Great guys over there and top notch CLEAN shop. I was actually there last week talking with Ryan mapping out some plans for my car. I'm actually chomping at the bit to get my car in there get some work done.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
And another

Challenger owner who reccomends Ryan and the team at Stack Performance. They worked on my R/T adding some SP goodies and I have no regrets.

I'm glad to hear you had a great time and are happy with the results. You can't go wrong with SP. :bigthumb: :burnout:

·
Registered
676 Posts
Stack Performance is the bee's knees yo'! :D They do excellent work. And it's always nice to be able to call Ryan up and get his input and knowledge about just about everything you want to do to your Mopar. I believe we will be getting his advice on lowering here pretty soon :thumbsup:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Ryan and the crew at stack perforamance are top notch quality service and knowledge. I have purchased most my mods from stack, not just for quality of parts, but because of their awesome service. Wether you buy just a spark plug or a full blown supercharger, you get 100% service every time. See ya soon ryan for a stage 3 set up!:pimp:

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
I have had 4 Mopars run through Ryans place.

You dont do that if your not happy. I have had a full 426 Stroker motor build done by Ryan. This on my 09 SRT Challenger. The seat value is awesome!

My Jeep grand Cherokee was worked over and was a land rocket.
Currently my 300S has received several bolt on mods and is a very capable ride~~
Very happy repeat customer and I highly recommend Stack Performance to anyone that is on the hunt.

·
Registered
298 Posts
just went and saw Ryan today, and picked up my set of chubby pro sways, great service like always, keep up the good work Stack crew. Even got to see the "direct TV" commercial challenger! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
676 Posts
just went and saw Ryan today, and picked up my set of chubby pro sways, great service like always, keep up the good work Stack crew. Even got to see the "direct TV" commercial challenger! :bigthumb:
So I was right, that WAS Ryan's Challenger in the commercial!?!? I knew it!! :bigthumb:

I can't even count how many times I kept re-winding that commercial on TV to figure out if it really was his car or not LOL

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
First post updated...

·
Registered
298 Posts
LOOKS GOOD!:thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts