Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering the stage 1 scat pack for my 2017 R/T Shaker Plus M-6.
I've read so many forums on this but cannot seem to narrow anything down to the newer 2017 models.
My car has every option (that I can find anyway) that a 392 scat pack model has minus brembo brakes, suspension and engine.

That being said...with the active exhaust, CAI, high speed controller, and already differently programmed PCM (for the M-6) what benefit would I get from the Scat Pack stage 1 kit?
Other than badges lol?

I welcome any feed back, even if any of my understanding above needs corrected.

Thanks all.
Cheers!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,379 Posts
I don't think going that way would gain you much.

You already have a OEM CAI (and you can get the #77072385 cold air intake tube that's designed to fit the Shaker CAI).
-that kit will incorporate the headlight port to feed into the air box.

The active exhaust has improvements over the '14 style (when the SP kits were coming along)

So about the only gain would be a reprogrammed PCM, which you can buy separately rather than spending $$ on components you already have.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think going that way would gain you much.

You already have a OEM CAI (and you can get the #77072385 cold air intake tube that's designed to fit the Shaker CAI).
-that kit will incorporate the headlight port to feed into the air box.

The active exhaust has improvements over the '14 style (when the SP kits were coming along)

So about the only gain would be a reprogrammed PCM, which you can buy separately rather than spending $$ on components you already have.
Thank you.
I appreciate the response.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Gotta support the comment above, stage 1 kit is overpriced in my opinion. You already have the active exhaust, but if you go the route of modding it is cheapr to go the aftermarket route in terms of exhaust, tune, and intakes. Ide recommend those diablo sport tuners and a pcm unlock to start

·
Vendor
12,262 Posts
I'm considering the stage 1 scat pack for my 2017 R/T Shaker Plus M-6.
I've read so many forums on this but cannot seem to narrow anything down to the newer 2017 models.
My car has every option (that I can find anyway) that a 392 scat pack model has minus brembo brakes, suspension and engine.

That being said...with the active exhaust, CAI, high speed controller, and already differently programmed PCM (for the M-6) what benefit would I get from the Scat Pack stage 1 kit?
Other than badges lol?

I welcome any feed back, even if any of my understanding above needs corrected.

Thanks all.
Cheers!
if you have a 392, there is no scat pack stage one available
Luke V

·
Premium Member
3,690 Posts
Buy a Charger CAI tube, it will remove the big black resonator box from your intake, and it will sounds just a wee bit louder.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts