Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a mixed bag of results. I don't want the whole kit just the pcm. People that have it what did it do for your ride? Low end torque? More hp? Better shifting? Or did it have the opposite effect. I want a tune but I have a 2016 rt I don't want to void warranty or have to buy pcm and a tuner.

I was also thinking of buying a unlocked pcm and having it dyno tuned despite warranty.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
I see a mixed bag of results. I don't want the whole kit just the pcm. People that have it what did it do for your ride? Low end torque? More hp? Better shifting? Or did it have the opposite effect. I want a tune but I have a 2016 rt I don't want to void warranty or have to buy pcm and a tuner.

I was also thinking of buying a unlocked pcm and having it dyno tuned despite warranty.
I have a 2015 RT plus / STP, I went with the Scat PCM combined with the Corsa Exhaust & Mopar CAI
IMO it was worth it , more power ,better peddle response , more torque.Its no Hell Cat
But it more then a stock RT ,and I do not track my car ,so for me it's fast enough
I also have life time warranty from Dodge so it did want to jeopardize that .

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mopar pro shop has them I think. Not sure if there's a core charge.

Sounds like people are getting good results.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Mopar pro shop has them I think. Not sure if there's a core charge.

Sounds like people are getting good results.
I bought my Stage 1 from the dealer , it has to be flashed in ,no core charge . Still have my original PCM also

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just came from the dealer and the Scat Pack 1 is still available as well as the Scat Pack 2 and 3. The #1 comes with a new PCM as well as a cat back exhaust and other things. Guaranteed 18 HP, The #3 is guaranteed 52HP and is a radical mod. New heads, intake, exhaust, headers, PCM, and a bunch of other stuff. It's a bit spendy in some senses, about $6000 give or take a few, but that figures out to about $100 a horse. And take it from a racer that is cheap HP. I'm not sure which I will do but if my motorcycle sells I will go with the Stage 3 setup. It's not going to be quite a Hellcat but darned close. And the cost for factory stuff is on a par with aftermarket and will not void a warranty. I have 7 years of warranty left and don't want to throw it away.

I was wondering how others came away with the stock improvements so am glad I stumbled on this thread. I'd love to hear more about other folks experiences.

·
Vendor
12,262 Posts
I just came from the dealer and the Scat Pack 1 is still available as well as the Scat Pack 2 and 3. The #1 comes with a new PCM as well as a cat back exhaust and other things. Guaranteed 18 HP, The #3 is guaranteed 52HP and is a radical mod. New heads, intake, exhaust, headers, PCM, and a bunch of other stuff. It's a bit spendy in some senses, about $6000 give or take a few, but that figures out to about $100 a horse. And take it from a racer that is cheap HP. I'm not sure which I will do but if my motorcycle sells I will go with the Stage 3 setup. It's not going to be quite a Hellcat but darned close. And the cost for factory stuff is on a par with aftermarket and will not void a warranty. I have 7 years of warranty left and don't want to throw it away.

I was wondering how others came away with the stock improvements so am glad I stumbled on this thread. I'd love to hear more about other folks experiences.
stage 3 is 75 hps, crank hps not wheel, and 44 ft/lbs, also all 3 stages must be performed for that gain.....the believer kit which includes 1 2 and 3 retails for 7995.00 not including the pcm which must be purchased from Arrow for 695.00 + labor, usual out the door price over 10k

Luke

·
Vendor
12,262 Posts
also stage 2 and 3 make the vehicle not legal to drive on the street
Luke

ps

Upon installation of this package, on a vehicle originally emission certified for
use on streets or highways, it is illegal as a violation of the federal Clean Air Act to operate such
vehicle on a street or highway, and doing so potentially subjects the operator and the installer to civil
penalties of up to $37,500 per day, per vehicle, depending on the circumstances

·
Registered
70 Posts
also stage 2 and 3 make the vehicle not legal to drive on the street
Luke

ps

Upon installation of this package, on a vehicle originally emission certified for
use on streets or highways, it is illegal as a violation of the federal Clean Air Act to operate such
vehicle on a street or highway, and doing so potentially subjects the operator and the installer to civil
penalties of up to $37,500 per day, per vehicle, depending on the circumstances
Well that sucks! I guess I better rethink my options! Since my daily drive, the newer one prior to buying this Dodge was a 53 Ford emissions was the last thing on my mind! I am going to assume that the Stage 1 kit doesn't violate the above?

·
Registered
9,350 Posts
For Stage 3, "off road" only use too. Correct Luke?

May make a difference in some States.

Edit: Slow on the keyboard today!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Well that sucks! I guess I better rethink my options! Since my daily drive, the newer one prior to buying this Dodge was a 53 Ford emissions was the last thing on my mind! I am going to assume that the Stage 1 kit doesn't violate the above?
Correct, the Stage 1 kit is street legal and comes with CARB stickers.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
The stage 1 is not a bad deal if you want your R/T right around that 400hp range and nothing more. It's basically the RAM 5.7 tune (395hp) or close to it I'm guessing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Seems like you are one of the few that actually got results. Most are saying they noticed hardly any performance gain or all power shifted too top end. Maybe you got an extra good one lol.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
I am satisfied with my Stage 1PCM ,, in combination with my Mopar CAI, DIPS screen ,in the light , and
my Corsa Exhaust . Also does not effect my life time warranty from Dodge ,,Granted it's no Hell Cat ,

·
Registered
70 Posts
Well after a stop at the dealer they don't offer a Scat Pack 1 PCM for the 6.4. You can get it for the 5.7. If you buy the whole Scat Pack 1 kit then you get the PCM. Hmmmm - Mopar Pro Shop sells them it appears. I just emailed them to see if the one they have is for the 6.4 or the 5.7.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
I bought just the PCM from the dealership,, all ready had the CAI , and the exhaust
There made by a company call Arrow performance ,, for Mopar, Think there in Michigan
It's only for the 5.7

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts