Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone do a 255/45/r20 275/40/r20 set up in these? I'm curious what kinda life you get outta them in a staggered set as opposed to being able to rotate all around

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
92 Posts
mine are staggered 245x45x20 front 275x40x20 rear. they say they are 60,000 mile tires. but not being able to rotate will cut that down. even if it is in half they will last longer than my stock goodyears being rotated and they ride better and grip better also. maybe I will get 40,000 mile out of them time will tell. also when you ask a question of how long things will last everyone drives differently so you never can get a good answer.. good luck.... love mine

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I'm pretty easy on mine. Only drive it hard once in a while. If I could manage close to 40k out of them that's be great. Everyone seems to like them

·
Registered
92 Posts
they will flat spot if you leave them sitting for awhile, but come out of it when you drive a couple miles. I just put a couple of extra pounds of air in them and have no problems

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok. Its my daily driver so It doesn't sit more than a day without being drivin

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
If it wears like my car, you will notice more wear on the outer tread bands in the front, and more wear on the inner tread bands in the rear. If you have the typical camber of an SRT8 or lowered + uncorrected, that will further magnify this trend. You can tell from that how much this car really would prefer regular front-to-back rotations.

The uneven wear in the rear seems more pronounced than the front...and possibly not all that even between left and right. So if you are on unidirectional tires that you can't rotate at all, you are really screwed for tire lifespan (particularly the rears).

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine is an 09 R/T with eibach pro kit and the factory repro srt 20x9s so I'm not sure if it would wear the same

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And I believe the motivos are asymmetric so I could rotate side to side. But I have no idea how much that would help the tred life.

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
If you see significant camber numbers in your alignment sheet, it will wear much like the stock RT and SRT suspensions.

Side to side rotation will only help if one side happens to wear more aggressively than the other. Even then, it is hardly a desirable situation.

Check your alignment numbers, though. Post'em here. I would be curious to see where they came out, at least. :)

·
Registered
558 Posts
Be aware the 255 are taller than the 275 size. The 245 in front are the same height as the 275.
As for the outer edge wear issue, you can have the tires reversed on the wheels periodically.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went ahead with the 255s all around. Overall I'm pretty happy with them. My only complaint is they look a little thick. Wish they looked a tad more low pro

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I went ahead with the 255s all around. Overall I'm pretty happy with them. My only complaint is they look a little thick. Wish they looked a tad more low pro

can you post a side view of that, I'm thinking of doing the same thing.. hows the ride, smoother? steering feel any different?

thanks. :)

·
Registered
2,018 Posts

I did the same thing...255/45/20 Motivos all around. I was a little surprised too with the difference in thickness (which I can really only tell on the front), but when I took a step back I really liked it. I'm still in the break-in phase, but the ride quality is very good and noise very low. They don't feel as tight from a handling standpoint as the F-1s, but I think they get better once they break in from what I'm told.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I would agree with that. I had firehawk wide oval Indy 500s 245/45r20 before and they were a little stickier and sharper in handling but I expected that because they are summer tires. But overall I like the motivos so far. We test fit a 275/40 on the front and there just wasn't enough room. But I'll post a side profile pic

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,817 Posts
I have no complaints about the way they look, BUT, don't even think of driving in snow or cold weather in the low 20's. They absolutely suck in the snow and the rear tires spin out very easily when cold!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think I experienced the "flat spot" issue with these tired this morning. There was a lot of vibration the first 5 miles then it slowly smoothed out. Is this everyone else's experience as well?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
And I tried to load a profile pic but having a hard time getting that to work for some reason. Probably my phone

·
Registered
92 Posts
yes they will tend to flat spot , try a couple extra pounds of air it helps, also my goodyear rsa also flat spotted after winter storage. you let anything sit long enough they will flat spot.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I get flat spotting almost every morning, too, especially in the cold weather. Inflating them above manufacturer's recom. PSI helps a little, as others have said.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts