Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats Up Guys,

going to start modding out my 16' SXT Plus possibly looking at the staggered tire look and trying to see what the difference from front to rear should be.

Right now i am Running 245's all 4, what could i take the rear up to? Any insight, thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
If you want wider tires on the rear, the stock 8 inch wheel won't work. A modest upgrade would be to go to a 9, or 9.5 inch wheel on the back to install 275/40/20 tires.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
857 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
3,231 Posts
I'm running Forgestar C5 Gunmetal 18", 8" wide front and 18", 9.5" wide rear wheels with Nitto 245/55 Motivos in front and Nitto 295/45 555G2s in the rear. When I get some drag radials I'll use 17" wheels, and the front will be skinnys.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I love your set up. That's exactly what I want on my 09. What is the offset for the front and the rear? I looked again and you have the Brembo brakes so not sure if the offset will work on an 09 RT, but it gives me a good starting point. Any info would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
3,231 Posts
I love your set up. That's exactly what I want on my 09. What is the offset for the front and the rear? I looked again and you have the Brembo brakes so not sure if the offset will work on an 09 RT, but it gives me a good starting point. Any info would be great. Thanks
If you're referring to me, I don't have Brembo brakes and the offset is 20.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just did this. I went 20x9.5 front and 20x10.5 rear Tires are 275/40 and 305/35 I got everything through Discount Tire. Very easy to deal with

What does Discount get for those wheels?
I was referring to the post by droptopron.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
10,445 Posts
Thanks Please see my response to Eatmup.

Put my 1st real miles on them this weekend. Car is much more planted than it was with the 245's Still breaks the rears loose pretty easy
LoL I love that when you take the rear tire off you don't have to worry that it will fall on their side like the 245s...but instead you have to make sure they don't roll away. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts