Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Staggered Wheel and Tire Setup for a 2018 R/T?

23K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  MattChallyRT 
#1 ·
I have a new 2018 Challenger, and looking to put the widest possible rear summer performance tires I can fit, with a matching brand of front tire that will be narrower for better steering. Want to buy a new set of rims for this, so that I can put the stock wheel package on for occasional winter driving. I'd like to keep the price per rim under $300, and am flexible on the tire price. What should I be looking for in 20 in rims, in terms of the staggered sizing? The rims will need to be black.

#2 ·
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Are you looking to get matching front and rear wheels?

For the rear, a 10.5"-11" wheel with as wide as 315/35R20

For the front from the 245/45R20 to 275/40R20 (needs 9"-9.5" width). Do you have a preference for style? The most common are Demon Reproductions or Hellcat reproductions, but as long as you get the right bolt spacing and offset, the choices are endless. Examples:

Demon

Hellcat

The offsets these are offered in are also generally what will work on front and back, depends on the type of wheel, concave, backspacing, etc.

A Guy

#18 · (Edited)
I have a 2014 R/T Classic with Variant Krypton 20x11s with 315/35 on the rear and 20x10s with 275/40 up front. Fit great, no scrub.
RTSmoken

Thanks for sharing your info.. Love those wheels..

Placed an order today with Element, let them know where I saw this info!!
Variant Krypton 20x10 Super Black Chrome/275/40/20 Nitto NT-555 G2 Front
Variant Krypton 20x11 Super Black Chrome/315/35/20 Nitto-NT-555 G2 Rear
I should get them within 3 weeks, will post pics ..

Just letting you know my wife is not happy with this informative thread.. but she will get over it !!!:p:p:p

Also adding some under the hood items.. but I have not broke that info to her yet.. Just going to wait till I have the new wheels on , pop the hood, and say "look honey, wanted to balance the love" :cool:

BTW.. I appreciate all the info shared on this post by everyone!!!

#4 ·
Offsets on both sets? No spacers?

A Guy

#6 ·
What are the custom offsets? :) It's the info anyone trying to do what you did will need

A Guy

#9 ·
Awesome thanks. People search this info all the time. Knowing a 20x10" wheel with +15 offset and 275/40R20 tires fit without spacers or rubbing in the front on your 2014 R/T will help people with -2014 cars ;)

A Guy

Reactions: CNUMB
#10 ·
I'm running with a 315 in back and a 275 up front, no spacers required.

Stock TA front wheels and aftermarket 11" wide MMR392 in back so similar to the stock wheels up front you can't see a difference beyond just the width of the wheel and tire combination.

These wheels might blow your self imposed budget of $300 per wheel......but if you could find some decent stock "take offs" for the front that someone is looking to sell for less......maybe you could balance things back to your $300/wheel.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Yellow Muscle car

#12 ·
If "poke" bothers you. 305s would probably have ZERO poke......these 315s aren't quite a perfect fit (hopefully the image helps) but they do tuck in a little more than the the Red Challenger above in the thread......the offset on the MMR392 is aggressive as you dare to go with. So very close on the inside I marked spots I thought for sure it would rub with a "sharpie" and then put a couple of miles on the car over some rough pavement to try and make it hit to see if an issue would rear it's ugly head. In the end only a little bit of trimming of the inner liner's curled up edges with a standard pair of paper cutting scissors was all that was required. A 1,000 mile on them and some pretty stupid stuff for burn outs and driving.......and still no problems with rubbing.

The tire is a Nitto (recommended by Paul at PK Auto when he sold 'em to me) .....works so very well I will use the same tire again when the time comes.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Yellow

#13 ·
I’ve also run MRR M392s on a Charger R/T and my current Challenger SPS. With 275 and 315 tires (I’ve had Continentals and Michelin Pilot Sports).

They fit great (no spacers required) and to me are the absolute max width you’d want to go. The rears stick out a bit - lowering can help them stick out a little bit less.

#14 ·
I’ve also run MRR M392s on a Charger R/T and my current Challenger SPS. With 275 and 315 tires (I’ve had Continentals and Michelin Pilot Sports).

They fit great (no spacers required) and to me are the absolute max width you’d want to go. The rears stick out a bit - lowering can help them stick out a little bit less.

? View attachment 977962
Are you running 9 or 10's on the front??

I wish I never saw this thread.. my wife is not liking me at the moment, fixin to order new wheels and tires for my 2018 RT..

#17 · (Edited)
Reactions: CNUMB
#19 ·
These are Mickey Thompson Street Comps...275/40R20XL 106Y Fronts and 305/35R20XL 107Y Rears
FR 74 Dodge Widebody - Satin Black

By Factory Reproductions Wheels

20x9.5
Bolt Pattern: 5x4.52 | 5x115 - Offset: 15 mm

..and the rears...
DODGE HELLCAT WIDEBODY STYLE 74 SATIN BLACK RIM

By Factory Reproductions Wheels

20x10.5
Bolt Pattern: 5x4.52 | 5x115 - Offset: 25 mm View attachment 978098

I have a 2018 challenger RT. i bought the replicas exacty like yours. How close do the rear tires come to the inner fender liner in the front? i test fitted the 10.5'' rim and looks like it will be quite close to the front portion of the inner fender liner

#21 ·
Ok great thanks
I did test fit it on the left rear maybe ill try throw it on the right and see if there is more room.
Yours is an SRT right? Do you know if the SRT's suspension is different from the RT other than yours having adjustable strut's? I have the super track pack so i got the Bilstein strut's all around.
Do the wheels sit the same distance from the fender liners on an RT vs SRT ? Or is there more room on an SRT car?
Do you know your factory wheel offset? I would imagine they were 20x9?
And just to confirm for the fender liners you just heated it up and molded it closer to the body? And now there is no rubbing at all?

#22 ·
Good questions...Can't answer most...The rubbing was on a 305 M/T drag radial...305/35-40 SS...
The 305's I have now on a 10.5 wheel...22mm offset don't rub...
I heated the area and pushed it out with a piece of wood to remold...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.