Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 SP Shaker 6M, and am considering a SW Cat-back, either Legend or Redline. Stock manifolds. Is anyone running either of these? Appreciate any feedback. TIA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,298 Posts
I have a 2020 SP Shaker 6M, and am considering a SW Cat-back, either Legend or Redline. Stock manifolds. Is anyone running either of these? Appreciate any feedback. TIA.

Not running their Catback but I have their headers and they make good quality stuff

Reactions: ChallyTatum

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
10,427 Posts
I went with AWE which is also a 3" exhaust but runs an H-pipe instead of X-pipe and they have resonators in the rear (uses their 180 tech) that do a great job to eliminate drone. What makes me leery about SW catback is they use mid mufflers but no rear resos (if they due it appears to be straight thru design) so it might drone. With AWE I currently have no mid mufflers, just their rear resos, and I have zero drone. BTW it is loud when you get on it as I have SW longtube headers. Cold starts tend to startle bystanders and neighbors. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went with AWE which is also a 3" exhaust but runs an H-pipe instead of X-pipe and they have resonators in the rear (uses their 180 tech) that do a great job to eliminate drone. What makes me leery about SW catback is they use mid mufflers but no rear resos (if they due it appears to be straight thru design) so it might drone. With AWE I currently have no mid mufflers, just their rear resos, and I have zero drone. BTW it is loud when you get on it as I have SW longtube headers. Cold starts tend to startle bystanders and neighbors. :)
Thanks for the suggestion. I looked at their system, but I’d prefer to retain the active exhaust (vs. simulators). The SW Legend series has no rear resonators, but is a “turbo chambered” design mid muffler. I’m wondering if that might be a good balance. They’ve got some good sound clips, though it’s on a HC.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
10,427 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. I looked at their system, but I’d prefer to retain the active exhaust (vs. simulators). The SW Legend series has no rear resonators, but is a “turbo chambered” design mid muffler. I’m wondering if that might be a good balance. They’ve got some good sound clips, though it’s on a HC.

If you retain the active exhaust then I think you won't have issues with drone.

·
Registered
166 Posts
no rear resonators just mufflers up in the middle. there really wasn't any drone and no CEL, fitment was good one thing to watch out for when mounting the actuators back on, the passenger side was hitting the rubber axle boot and manged to rip through it before i noticed, just needed a quick adjustment and the dealer gave me a new axle under warranty. overall i really liked the system nice quality and wasn't much louder just a different deeper tone. i had a borla atak for about a week and couldn't handle how loud it was.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts

I have the Redline exhaust on my SRT 392, running the SRT shorty headers. It's a great system, I like it a lot. My only complaint is that it's just a tad loud at highway cruising speeds, but it's easily drowned out with music.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no rear resonators just mufflers up in the middle. there really wasn't any drone and no CEL, fitment was good one thing to watch out for when mounting the actuators back on, the passenger side was hitting the rubber axle boot and manged to rip through it before i noticed, just needed a quick adjustment and the dealer gave me a new axle under warranty. overall i really liked the system nice quality and wasn't much louder just a different deeper tone. i had a borla atak for about a week and couldn't handle how loud it was.
Thank you. Did you have the Legend or Redline?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thank you. Did you have the Legend or Redline?

i don't really know when i bought it there was only 1 option. i looked at their website and still can't tell, is the difference just the mufflers? legend gets one type and redline gets another?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
i don't really know when i bought it there was only 1 option. i looked at their website and still can't tell, is the difference just the mufflers? legend gets one type and redline gets another?
Sounds like you have the Legend then, it was the first available. Its less loud than the Redline mufflers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Legend has “turbo chambered,” the Redline features “S Tube.” This is the Legend muffler.

And here’s the Redline.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I have the Redline exhaust on my SRT 392, running the SRT shorty headers. It's a great system, I like it a lot. My only complaint is that it's just a tad loud at highway cruising speeds, but it's easily drowned out with music.
Do you get the "snap-crackle-pop" upon deceleration?

Reactions: JD40

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I’m just trying to decide between Legend and Redline. Without resonators, I’m leaning toward Legend (turbo-chambered). Groan. Exhaust is so tough without being able to hear/drive.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I’m just trying to decide between Legend and Redline. Without resonators, I’m leaning toward Legend (turbo-chambered). Groan. Exhaust is so tough without being able to hear/drive.

Legend will not be that much louder than stock, but it'll have a deeper, more resonant tone. Redline is louder, but also has active exhaust valves like the factory setup. I don't know if the Legend also has this. The Redline is considerably louder, but not obnoxiously loud.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Legend will not be that much louder than stock, but it'll have a deeper, more resonant tone. Redline is louder, but also has active exhaust valves like the factory setup. I don't know if the Legend also has this. The Redline is considerably louder, but not obnoxiously loud.
Thanks...Legend also comes with the valves.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.