Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a set on my 2012 5.7, great product at a reasonable price. Everything is band clamped. Granted, I would have preferred headers with a ball/socket collector, but for the price with mids I am very happy. I was very surprised that I have no CEL after initial startup and Ive driven her about 10 miles 40 mph and lower. I won't take it over about 45% throttle until I can read some logs, then I will gradually increase so I can get descent logs to send to Sean at Hemifever so he can work his magic. Anybody else install LT with catless mids and get CEL on initial drive?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,853 Posts
I installed a set on my 2012 5.7, great product at a reasonable price. Everything is band clamped. Granted, I would have preferred headers with a ball/socket collector, but for the price with mids I am very happy. I was very surprised that I have no CEL after initial startup and Ive driven her about 10 miles 40 mph and lower. I won't take it over about 45% throttle until I can read some logs, then I will gradually increase so I can get descent logs to send to Sean at Hemifever so he can work his magic. Anybody else install LT with catless mids and get CEL on initial drive?
I plan on installing SW headers next week. I had extra bungs welded on so I can log with a WB O2 sensor. Since I am running forced induction a tune is a must. I'll keep you posted if no one else chimes in.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had just one extra O2 bung added and plugged for later on, i put it on the driver side.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A good set of ratchet wrenches and plenty of extensions(I had 18",12",6",3") and swivel. Most socket and wrench sets skip 16mm, pick up a ratchet wrench and deep/shallow sockets. Be prepared to pull the motor mounts to get the heat shields out, driver side i just unbolted from the block, passenger side came completely out. Depending on how many miles your car has, think about upgrading the motor mounts considering you may be pulling them anyway. The factory one are fluid filled, I wish I would have thought about it an ordered rigid replacements. Bring plenty of patients and a couple buddies for help, you're going to spend a lot of time under your car. If you are doing this on jack stands in the drive way, i hope you have the tall ones or you're skinnier than my fat ass lol.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,853 Posts
Thanks for the heads up...I have plenty of extensions, swivels and sockets (bought a bunch from HF). I am hoping the 12" wheel cribs are tall enough to give my 40" waste clearance...If not I have some 2x4s just in case. As for the motor mounts, I have an M6 which I have read on here and on vendor sites, are stiffer than the ones on the autos. I am however, tempted to switch to solid mounts as offered by Speedlogix as they seem to be less bulky than the factory mount and are not affected by heat from the headers.

I have already installed headers on a BMW for my buddy with just 6" tall ramps and that was a solid day worth of work. Although a good portion of the time was trying to remove the O2 sensors and getting the dam things to fit on the head. My buddy freaked when I started man-handling the headers with crowbars but I was not going to quit and install the stock exhaust like he suggested (it was his daily driver that he needed the next day).

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a little update. The CEL did come on last night while driving home(p0153, P0133), checked the logs and she went to 15.25AFR. Thats just on the standard ECM reading, i do not have a wideband setup yet. You could smell fuel when I started it up last night. I cleared the codes and sent all the data I had to Sean at Hemifever last night, I had a new tune this morning in my email. We shall see what happens.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So far the new tune has things running good. Ive been running Citgo 93, Im going to swap to Shell before we clean the tune anymore.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,853 Posts
So far the new tune has things running good. Ive been running Citgo 93, Im going to swap to Shell before we clean the tune anymore.
Have you noticed any difference in the exhaust note when you made the change to headers? I see the comparisons in vids but hard to tell as the recording and speakers color the sound. Also, do you notice an improvement in engine response?

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have you noticed any difference in the exhaust note when you made the change to headers? I see the comparisons in vids but hard to tell as the recording and speakers color the sound. Also, do you notice an improvement in engine response?
It's definitely noticeable, it was louder when it was a littler lean. My wife and daughter say its to loud and my 8 year old son likes it, so i would say its about right. For the rest of the exhaust I am running the stock 2.25" tubing with Magnaflow 11225 and resonators, its nice and subtle just cruising around until you really get into the pedal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts