Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for stainless headers and a stainless dual exhaust. I found a package deal for both for $1,700. Has anyone heard of 'Stainless Works'? They are a relatively new company and I need some feedback before I make a decision. Anyone with any information/reviews of this company would be helpful! Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm in the market for stainless headers and a stainless dual exhaust. I found a package deal for both for $1,700. Has anyone heard of 'Stainless Works'? They are a relatively new company and I need some feedback before I make a decision. Anyone with any information/reviews of this company would be helpful! Thanks
Hey, saw this post and I thought I would share some info. I work for Stainless Works. We are actually not a new company. We have been around for over 20 years. We are one of a few companies still left in the exhaust industry who make their products from 100% 304L stainless steel in the United States. If you have any question on our capabilities, check this video out:

We also have several videos of the Challenger products on our youtube page.

Thanks
-Anthony

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Anthony,

I'm impressed. Sorry about the misinformation about you being a new company. The dealer I was speaking with didn't know much about you guys and told me you were new. I have a 2010 3.5L v6 and was looking for stainless headers and exhaust. They quoted me a price of $1,711 and change for your cat-back with chambered turbo mufflers and headers. Can you make me a better package deal?

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
Hey Anthony,

I'm impressed. Sorry about the misinformation about you being a new company. The dealer I was speaking with didn't know much about you guys and told me you were new. I have a 2010 3.5L v6 and was looking for stainless headers and exhaust. They quoted me a price of $1,711 and change for your cat-back with chambered turbo mufflers and headers. Can you make me a better package deal?
Jersey, I have Stainless Works long tube headers and a R/T dual exhaust made to fit my 2010 Challenger SE V6. SW installed the exhaust system but not the headers for me. They have pictures of the exhaust system. Ask Anthony about the pictures. Car sounds great and runs great. My best ET is 14.82 in the 1/4. Also in March 2011 issue of Car Craft is story about Stainless Works. Great company and great customer service.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hemiwoman... do you have any videos of your car up on any threads? I'm considering the SW long tube headers for my SE but would love to hear how they sound before pulling the trigger. Did you notice a big difference between the headers vs. stock manifolds?

Sorry to hijack the thread...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hemiwoman... do you have any videos of your car up on any threads? I'm considering the SW long tube headers for my SE but would love to hear how they sound before pulling the trigger. Did you notice a big difference between the headers vs. stock manifolds?

Sorry to hijack the thread...

nah its cool...im lookin for the same thing you are. ive been talking with anthony from SW and he gave me this link. its an R/T exhaust that can be fitted to an SE:

YouTube - STAINLESSWORKSNET's Channel

i'll see what i can do about gettin some vid of headers

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
nah its cool...im lookin for the same thing you are. ive been talking with anthony from SW and he gave me this link. its an R/T exhaust that can be fitted to an SE:

i'll see what i can do about gettin some vid of headers
The R/T exhaust won't sound like that on the V6. I know there are videos of my car racing at Atco and you can hear the exhaust. I'll find the link and post it here.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The R/T exhaust won't sound like that on the V6. I know there are videos of my car racing at Atco and you can hear the exhaust. I'll find the link and post it here.
i found this on youtube...its the v6 with stainless headers and exhaust. the sound is more high pitched than the low rumble of the R/T. see what you think:

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
Here is my car actually racing. Video #3 is my car alone on the track.. it is a high pitched sound, but we like it. My husband says he always knows when I'm racing, he can pick out the sound of the car.

@ChallengerLife Hemiwoman at Atco! New PB!!!!!!

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
^^^^ I would rate the system 10 on a scale of 1-10. I know it is a little high pitched, but you will get used to it in no time. Especially when guys at the race track tell you how good it sounds for a V6.

As people have told me, you will never get a V6 to sound like a V8.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^^^^ I would rate the system 10 on a scale of 1-10. I know it is a little high pitched, but you will get used to it in no time. Especially when guys at the race track tell you how good it sounds for a V6.

As people have told me, you will never get a V6 to sound like a V8.

Honestly, i'm not worried what the v8'ers think of my v6 or its sound. I love my car and wouldn't trade it for anything (except maybe a 2011 SE with the pentastar engine)! I've checked out some other vids of v6 with SW headers and exhaust when its not racing and the sound is low and smooth just the way I want. I've found the dual rimmed tips dual exhaust and long tube cat headers I want from SW...but it'll run me about $2,400 total plus a new R/T valance and installation! I hope they can make me a good deal!

:redcap:

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
Honestly, i'm not worried what the v8'ers think of my v6 or its sound. I love my car and wouldn't trade it for anything (except maybe a 2011 SE with the pentastar engine)! I've checked out some other vids of v6 with SW headers and exhaust when its not racing and the sound is low and smooth just the way I want. I've found the dual rimmed tips dual exhaust and long tube cat headers I want from SW...but it'll run me about $2,400 total plus a new R/T valance and installation! I hope they can make me a good deal!

:redcap:

The sound is low & smooth when just idling. I listened to mine today as I spent 10 minuted digging all the snow off of it. I was thinking that you should hear it then. i have tips that look like the R/T and SRT factory tips from the factory, just not double walled. I like the tips that are on the red R/T in the video SW sent you. That's what I wanted.

Get the measurements for the cutouts from someone with a R/T or SRT and cut you valance to use it. There are threads on here how to do it. Mine was cut by the installer who did the headers.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The sound is low & smooth when just idling. I listened to mine today as I spent 10 minuted digging all the snow off of it. I was thinking that you should hear it then. i have tips that look like the R/T and SRT factory tips from the factory, just not double walled. I like the tips that are on the red R/T in the video SW sent you. That's what I wanted.

Get the measurements for the cutouts from someone with a R/T or SRT and cut you valance to use it. There are threads on here how to do it. Mine was cut by the installer who did the headers.

Yeah it's got a great growl. I won't be racing all that much so the high-pitch doesn't concern me. i like your tips, but i'm with you...i like the dual rimmed on the R/T from the vid and its the old-school look i want! the problem is they run $1,150 from SW where as their side exit dual exhaust is $875. i'm not sure how much i like the side exit exhaust thought.

Yeah i'll just have the shop cut out the valance if i get a rear exit dually. btw, thanks for all the information and advice...i really appreciate it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks Bobbi for the help on the pictures, video, and personal experience.

As Bobbie has said, and I'm sure others have said, the v6 will never sound like a v8. Upon acceleration, the v6 will have a higher pitched sound with a performance muffler. While at idle, it does sound really nice with a low pitched rumble.

As far as the price, it doesn't get any better than our products. As mentioned everything is 100% 304l stainless steel and made right here in the USA.

Thanks
-Anthony

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi Anthony,

Couple of quick questions. I have a 2010 SE Challenger. I have the Corsa SRT Extreme Exhaust (2.75 pipe). Would the headers and cats work on that system? I'm not sure if going from a 2.5 pipe to the 2.75 could work..?:scratchhead:

Also, I live in VA and we have some of the more strict laws when it comes to emissions and vehicle testing. Will your headers and cats give me any issues with the state motor vehicle department?

Thanks for any and all help! I've heard great things about your products, but I want to make sure I can keep these items before I commit to buying these.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
Hi Anthony,

Couple of quick questions. I have a 2010 SE Challenger. I have the Corsa SRT Extreme Exhaust (2.75 pipe). Would the headers and cats work on that system? I'm not sure if going from a 2.5 pipe to the 2.75 could work..?:scratchhead:

Also, I live in VA and we have some of the more strict laws when it comes to emissions and vehicle testing. Will your headers and cats give me any issues with the state motor vehicle department?

Thanks for any and all help! I've heard great things about your products, but I want to make sure I can keep these items before I commit to buying these.

Thanks,

Mike

We have 7 counties in Ohio with emissions testing and I live in one of them. I do know that the rear o2 sensors had to be turned off with my custom tune so the CEL would go off. The car will throw codes with LT headers and Hi-flow cats, atleast mine did. I have 3 more years before I have to pass E-check and hopefully by then the state will get rid of E-check.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hemiwoman,

Thanks for getting back to me so soon. With just the long tube headers skipping the cats (using the exisiting) I should be in good shape then for e-tests of the state?

Thanks,

Mike

1 - 19 of 19 Posts