Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,687 Posts
Yea sounds like that one is a bit more aggressive as mine is still sub 600. Don't remember the duration off top of my head.

I just figure that if I got the timing wrong when assembling the motor I wouldn't have been able to put 200 freeway miles on the thing.

Rotated the motor by hand, nothing wrong, no weird noises, nothing.

At this point it HAS to be either a sensor or tuning issue. I just can't pinpoint it and I'm losing it lol
Actually I was going to ask if you are 100% certain that the cam was installed correctly (i.e. timing marks were aligned and that you are not off by a tooth)? This is why I took a picture of mine (and why I took the front clip and radiator off for clearer sight) so I would have no doubt it was installed correctly.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
@donavantbh is this the cam you are running?
View attachment 999945
Yes, this is the cam. I have a photo of the mark being lined up on the crank, and I know that the two marks lined up with the cam phaser/gear at the top since that was easiest to see. I imagine that if I got the timing incorrect the car wouldn't run at all, even on the 200 miles I've taken it on the hwy. (check attached photo)

I've pulled the heads to make sure that no valves are damaged and that all pushrods are straight.
before:

after:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
What about the phaser alignment?
View attachment 999952
Yes, my dad and I argued about this one for a while. I don't have a photo of it since it was easier to see from the top, but those marks were lined up. I might be able to find a screenshot from one of my videos, but the double rectangles were up top surrounding the single mark on the phaser itself.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,687 Posts
Just ran across this piece of info regarding test conditions for the alternator...apparently 13-16V @2500 rpm is considered within spec I guess.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts