Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how well do the standard brakes compare to the Brembo's from the Dynamics package?

I'm having a hard time finding a Challenger with the options I want that have the Dynamics package. Wheels I don't care about because I planned on putting wider tires and wheels on anyway, and keeping whatever comes on it as a winter set.

No autocross or track racing. Just going to be a daily with some weekend driving on back roads.

Should I keep looking or am I not really going to miss the Brembo brakes on the road?

·
Registered
10,146 Posts
JMO, but the 4 piston Brembos are more than outstanding for street use. They will give you a nose bleed at will.

The bigger 6 piston units would be my choice if I tracked on a regular basis.

There are many that go with the larger Brembos just because, but long term maintenance is considerably more costly.

Personal choice, and a status symbol for some street driven cars.

Love the 4 piston Brembos, and have had zero issues with them in 28k miles. And yes, I use them regularly, sometimes very hard. Never a fade from them yet.

Good luck choosing.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,441 Posts
I have the Dynamics Package. I really like the wheels, the size, the tires, the brakes... BUT, I got it used, and a great deal. I would never CHOOSE the Dynamics Package. I would be totally fine with 245/45, and could change later. Look wise, I doubt anyone can tell the wheel is like 5% wider. And the brakes are excellent, and with the tires, it will pull over 1g braking on normal asphalt roads. When I was shopping around for the perfect used Challenger for me, I didn't want the Dynamics due to the wider tires that would be more expensive. I never considered how expensive those damned rotors are! List over $1,100 EACH, sale about $700 EACH, one, 1, uno, ein, as in you need to buy 2. Plus pads... There are alternatives, you can replace just the wear part of the rotor, not the hub, that will save you about $300 total.

·
Registered
809 Posts
So how well do the standard brakes compare to the Brembo's from the Dynamics package?

I'm having a hard time finding a Challenger with the options I want that have the Dynamics package. Wheels I don't care about because I planned on putting wider tires and wheels on anyway, and keeping whatever comes on it as a winter set.

No autocross or track racing. Just going to be a daily with some weekend driving on back roads.

Should I keep looking or am I not really going to miss the Brembo brakes on the road?
The Dynamics package vs standard SP wheels and 4 piston Brembos has been discussed many times.

Its either "the greatest deal going" or "the biggest waste of money ever" depending on what you want to do with the car.

In your case, you have stated you don't care about the forged 9.5 wide wheels, nor the 275s that come with them. You are going to buy wider aftermarket wheels and tires anyways. You are not going to be tracking the car.
Great, do yourself a favor and skip this option. Its NOT for you. You now have $2,200 to go towards your new wheels and tires. You also saved the higher maintenance costs of the 6 piston Brembos.

The base SP 4 piston Brembos are very strong. With the car being driven as stated, I doubt they will ever leave you wanting for more.

Reactions: 19johned53
1 - 5 of 5 Posts